spotlight html search

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ac4m2, Feb 6, 2012.

1. ac4m2 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm trying to use the spotlight search utility for around 400+ html extension files I have. I want to search for specific keywords within each file, however when I attempt to search within the specific folder where the files are, I can narrow down to KIND: html, but I haven't found anyway narrow to the keywords within them.

I know the words are there and when I open the file text edit or firefox, the words are there and the file is "searchable" within itself, but I can't get spotlight to find it. I trying to save time from going file by file to find the words, anyone have a clue on how to make spotlight find the words within the specific html files?

thanks!!

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you selected CONTENTS instead of FILE NAME? It is the standard setting anyway, but maybe you have changed that?

3. ac4m2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, yes I did, after KIND html, I click on the + sign and select CONTENT and the first 3 letters of the keyword with is LHE or LEO, but no dice... is there a way to modify the content search default mechanism, that I might have inadvertently done so?

4. ac4m2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I just checked that, and according to the get info, it's stated that I have both read and write permissions... :S

5. simsaladimbamba

What Mac OS X version do you use, and could you attach an example .html file (compressed as .zip, as I don't know, if MR likes HTML attachments) for me or others to check?

6. ac4m2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks,
    I'm using Lion 10.7.2

They are client-attorney priv. so I can't share them :'( I guess I have to go manually.

thanks!