Spotlight is behind menu bar

Discussion in 'macOS' started by theotherguy, Nov 7, 2007.

1. theotherguy macrumors member

My Spotlight keeps showing up behind the menu bar. I use it as a app launcher and it still works, but it's now starting to annoy me (I know it should be on top, not behind).

Anyone have a suggestion? [This might have been posted before and I'm just not able to search for the correct term in the forum.] Thanks in advance.

[oh. Macbook, bought in July 2006. Did a erase/install.]

Attached Files:

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Well, it seems like you're not the only one. It looks like logging out and back in fixes it temporarily, but that's not a long-term solution. Hopefully Apple's got a fix on the way.

3. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Happened to me a one point as well. Can't remember what I did to fix it....maybe I went into the Change Background preferences?

-Kevin

4. Nero Wolfe macrumors regular

Nero Wolfe

I have a similar problem. After I play Sim City 4, Spotlight ends up floating in the middle of the screen. In fact, all the menu bar drop down menus end up floating in the middle of the screen. I think it's because the game temporarily alters the screen resolution.

Doing 'killall Spotlight' from Terminal fixes the problem, but it's still bugging me.

5. cuestakid macrumors 68000

i have noticed the same thing-except mine happens very often-hopefully it will be fixed when 10.5.1 comes out

6. mock5120 macrumors newbie

2 Monitors

The same thing happens to me when I unplug my external monitor.