Spotlight issues - why can't i see files??? help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacDanny75, Feb 1, 2008.

1. MacDanny75 macrumors newbie

Hi - boping the brains-trust of the forum can help with this query.

It sees my spotlight on Leopard (10.5.1) doesn't look/ search all my files. For example, i wanted to find the jpeg file for the grass desktop background, a file named 'Grass Blades'. If I search 'Grass Blades' it doesn't appear in the search results - in fact nothing does. I can however, hunt through my Library directory and find the file.

Why does it not search certain files and why when checking the settings are the no options to expand the search criteria to what I can only assume are 'system folders'??

2. Mlobo01 macrumors 6502

maybe its...

In System preferences under Spotlight, on the search results all options must be checked and make sure that in the Privacy tab that you do not have your Home folder excluded, only the System folder should be excluded and not the entire HD.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

the grass blades picture is in the Library folder. Spotlight in Leopard does not search the library folders anymore by default (annoying i know). you have to include system files as an attribute in Finder's spotlight to be able to search in the libraries.