Spotlight missing info on iOS6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by flashflooder, Sep 20, 2012.

1. flashflooder macrumors regular

I have contacts, music, messages, mail and a slew of other things checked in the settings app but they do not show up in my search results. It seems to only be showing me apps. Any ideas?

2. Looxoor macrumors newbie

No, you're not alone, I have this exact problem, the only thing shown on the spotlight page after pressing "search" is search Wikipedia and google...
    Nothing else...

I have iOS 6 running on a 3GS...

3. flashflooder, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

flashflooder thread starter macrumors regular

I figured it out. "Mail" was the 2nd thing on my list (right below Apps), and for some reason it appears to be stalling out instead of actually searching mail. Moving mail down to the bottom of the list makes everything appear in Spotlight again.

for the record, I have a gmail account setup through exchange. Not sure why it won't let me search through spotlight

4. Looxoor macrumors newbie

I'm glad it worked out nicely for you, unfortunately, I cannot say likewise.
    Mail was like third from the bottom already, so moving it made no difference...

Though I believe you're close to finding the reason for this glitch as I too have gmail as an exchange service...

I'll try some more and update here for the possible benefit of a third party...