Spotlight not finding apps & spacebar not previewing images

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thewolf, Mar 13, 2008.

1. thewolf macrumors newbie

Hello, i have searched the forums and haven't come up with anything conclusive to my problem.

My spotlight searches aren't showing some of the applications i have, even when i search for it by the exact name. I made sure all the boxes are checked, nonetheless they still cannot be found.

And today i went to go look through my photos and i always just highlight one and hit the spacebar so i can just scroll and preview quickly, but now it doesnt work. Instead of showing a preview of the image, it deselects the image. Any suggestions? I reset the keyboard commands and that didnt change a thing

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

This probably isn't your issue on quicklook, but I've noticed that if you try to preview a PDF form, quicklook sort of freezes--you don't get the form, and it refuses to preview anything after that. Restarting the Finder or logging out and back in brings it back, so you might try that and see if it makes any difference--maybe your glitch was caused by something else but the symptoms are the same.

As for Spotlight, I assume you've tried the obvious (reboot, add the drive to the privacy list then remove it, to force a rebuild of the index, and repair permissions), so no suggestions there. I once (under 10.4) had it refuse to find stuff, but a restart fixed whatever was acting up.