Spotlight not what I thought it was?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DamnDJ, Jun 17, 2009.

1. DamnDJ macrumors regular

DamnDJ

For some reason, I was under the impression that Spotlight was going to be the default home screen. I also thought that instead of having to type a few letters of an application, we'd get the entire list of Apps by default with the option of typing letters to narrow down the results.

Anyone else think this too, or did I just watch the Keynote incorrectly? :)

2. DarkJaye macrumors member

Definitely watched the keynote incorrectly, they demonstrated how you had to flick to the left panel for spotlight.

3. DamnDJ thread starter macrumors regular

DamnDJ

Ah well, my bad then. Would have been nice, having the full list of apps by default. I'd use that over flipping screens any day =)

4. BMac702 macrumors regular

Well instead of having a list of all our apps and having to potentially scroll through them (if you have a lot, like me) i think its really convenient to just type "poc" and have pocketgod show up then search my 9 pages of apps for it

5. LoganT macrumors 68020

No, but what I had thought it might be was an application you had to look for. Was nice to see that it was just a quick swipe.

6. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

You can also just press the home button again whilst on the home screen to bring up spotlight. If you're constitutionally adverse to swiping.

7. DamnDJ thread starter macrumors regular

DamnDJ

True, but what I was thinking is that by default, with no letters typed, it would show all of our apps. Then, if we wanted to, we could start typing the letters of an app to narrow the search results. Instead the default "no letters typed" is just an empty white screen.