Spotlight on JB iP4 keeps crashing on 3rd letter

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jman995x, Aug 24, 2011.

1. jman995x, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011

jman995x macrumors regular

I recently JB'd my iPhone4.
    I've installed a fair amount of themes.
    I just noticed something though, when I thumb all the way to the far left spotlight screen on my iPhone and type in something, whenever I get to the 3rd letter (regardless of what I'm typing), Spotlight crashes and my phone resprings.
    I can type 2 letters and Spotlight does its thing and performs the search, but no matter what the 3rd letter is that I type into the spotlight window, Spotlight crashes and resprings my iPhone.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Even though I have a lot of themes loaded on my phone, I've only got a couple of (non-conflicting) options activated.

2. paxxxor macrumors newbie

paxxxor

Have you tried disabling all your themes and seeing if you have the same problem?

If you disable all and have no problem, Activate each theme part you want one by one and try after each, you will eventually find your conflicting theme part if thats the problem. I only mention it because you included themes in your description but it could be anything.

You could also try installing "Crash Reporter" in Cydia, swell as syslodg, this loggs all crashes and errors and tries to determine the cause.

You will have to end up eventually uninstalling one of your apps or themes.

Good Luck,

paxxxor

3. jman995x thread starter macrumors regular

Disabled every single theme component and am still having the issue.
    Could the mere presence of a theme or app (even if it's unactivated/not-running) be causing a problem?

Because I'm new to JB phones, if I have to uninstall some/most/all of my Cydia apps, Cydia remembers which apps I've purchased and will not charge me again should I choose to re-download/install them in the future....correct?

Thanks,

J.