Spotlight problem in 10.5.6?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by VaatiKaiba, Dec 16, 2008.

1. VaatiKaiba macrumors 6502

I was just wondering if anyone was having the same problem as me. I installed 10.5.6 yesterday, and now Spotlight keeps freezing / crashing (just Spotlight, everything else is fine). I can't see if it's related to 10.5.6 or not (I'm not techie enough), but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks!

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Same exact problem. I've only experienced this in 10.5.6. Sometimes I'll search, and I get a "beachball" and it just quits.

I attached a Console report if this helps anyone know why. Also, I cannot recreate the problem, it just randomly happens.

Attached Files:

3. scott:mac macrumors regular

Probably a update problem, Youd probably have to reinstall Mac OS X and install the combo updates again..

This happened with my 10.5.2 update before - There were also several more problems, I ended up doing a full "Archive and Install".
    Unless you can live with the problem that is.

4. om3ga macrumors newbie

I would try deleting the "com.apple.spotlight.plist" from /Home/Library/Preferences .Repair Permissions from Applications/Utilities/Disk Utilities. Another alternative would be to download a free application named "Main Menu" and Rebuild Spotlight Index. :apple:

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I deleted my Preference file, hoping that solves the issue.

I just did a fresh install of Mac OS X (Erase & Install) three days ago; so I'm thinking its an update issue. But like I said, I'm giving the preference file technique a shot.

Even though I didn't start the thread, thanks for the help guys!

6. scott:mac macrumors regular

No Problem xD

As your already here - Why not contribute to other posts?
    =]