Spotlight problem

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by bootylu, Oct 17, 2014.

1. bootylu macrumors newbie

Hello! My spotlight is not searching in Maps, Wikipedia or Internet Suggestions. I tried to add them to Spotlight Search Results in System Preferences, but they were not there. I cannot add them too. Am I the only one with this Problem? Thanks.

2. hydr macrumors regular

I got the same problem. If I were to guess, it´s our location. I´m based in Scandinavia.

3. mejsric macrumors 6502a

mejsric

https://www.apple.com/ios/feature-availability/#spotlight-suggestions-spotlight-suggestions
    Spotlight Suggestions: Spotlight Suggestions

Australia Austria Belgium Canada France Germany Ireland Italy Japan (No Maps) Netherlands New Zealand Spain Switzerland UK USA

4. bootylu thread starter macrumors newbie

Its the same by my iPhone 6. In Spotlight no Suggested Websites, Suggested Showtimes, Nearby places, No Wikipedia Suggestions. And my Region is Germany...

5. DaniHungary macrumors newbie

For me too. And can't search on internet with it for anything. Only shows the files. Any idea?

6. deviant macrumors 65816

it might seem strange but is your system language the same as location? i had this problem on my phone (english system language, location italy) and it didn't work, then i switched to italian system lang and it worked. maybe its the same with the mac. pity, i can't use computers with any other language than english :)

7. bootylu thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, Thanks, it worked. I changed my region to United Kingdom and now it works. Only the Movie Showtimes is not working now.

8. DaniHungary macrumors newbie

not helping for me, but thanks. ;)

9. AspectRatio macrumors newbie

Nope but I am having the same problem...

10. GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

I seem to get Wikipedia, suggested website and local files. Nothing from a Bing Search even though it's ticked in Spotlight Preferences. Location UK.

11. Fearz macrumors newbie

Anyone living physically outside the listed regions and have it working?

is this being verified by your GPS location? or your icloud account region settings?