Spotlight Question

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Hey.

Silly question, but I thought when watching demos of spotlight from some keynote speaches, the text you were searching for would appear on a little 'spotlight' within the document, etc.

When I do a search with spotlight, it brings back a list of files, etc, but when I click on that document, nothing reallly highlighted in a spotlight or anything. Am I just mistaken, or is there some setting, etc.

Thanks!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Do a search for something in your System Preferences and you'll get that cool little "spotlight" effect but I'm pretty sure the regular Spotlight can't do the same. I've certainly never seen anything like that. :(

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
mad jew said:
Do a search for something in your System Preferences and you'll get that cool little "spotlight" effect but I'm pretty sure the regular Spotlight can't do the same. I've certainly never seen anything like that. :(
Aaaah. OK, I see it there. I thought maybe it would do it for everything....like the word in the document that you were searching for....

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
VanMac said:
Aaaah. OK, I see it there. I thought maybe it would do it for everything....like the word in the document that you were searching for....
Thats up to the developer to implement. iirc Preview does this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.