Spotlight search delayed / slow?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by tjleonard, Jun 25, 2016.

1. tjleonard macrumors 6502

Does anyone else have a second or two if they swipe down and search for an app or anything? I use this to find 90% of my apps...i'm not sure if it's something I can turn off to make it find faster or if anyone else has experienced this with the first beta.

2. Natya Sadella macrumors regular

3. tjleonard thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm,I wonder why mine is doing it. Not a deal breaker to go back to iOS 9 but it is a little annoying. .

4. garlicbread24 macrumors member

garlicbread24

yes mine is doing that too. wasn't doing it before the beta I wouldn't worry about it I'm sure it will get fixed.

5. RTG4869 macrumors newbie

Yes that has been happening to me since day 1 of the beta. It takes around 3-5 seconds to give results. Although I think the results are more extensive now with 'Suggested website' and 'Wikipedia'..? Not sure if they were there before.

6. ashindnile macrumors 6502

That's an iOS 8 feature, and I read somewhere in these forums that support for more countries were added recently.

7. mattoligy macrumors 6502

mattoligy

Does it help if Siri Suggestions is turned off?

8. melillobm macrumors newbie

I'm having that problem. It takes a while to find the apps. The funny thing is the keyboard predicts the app I want to open before the phone actually finds it.

9. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Same here with the slight delay before it finds and displays the app. I have been trying lately to use Spotlight less now that 3D Touch is getting so much focus. It has not been easy though since I have used Spotlight so long I forget what folder many of my apps are in. Still use Spotlight enough to know there is a delay but suspect it will be better by this fall.

10. tjleonard thread starter macrumors 6502

Exact same thing. It is predicted a good 3 seconds before it shows.

Not complaining but wanted to make sure I'm not the only one :)