Spotlight search does not find any apps.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by richard371, Nov 17, 2014.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

On iPhone 6 8.1.1. Applications is checked in settings. Rebooted phone.

2. macduke Suspended

macduke

Mine was doing this just yesterday on 8.1. Chalked it up to the general glitchiness of iOS 8. But now that I've updated to 8.1.1 my iPad Air 2 is doing this. My iPhone 6 Plus is not. I tried turning off and on searching apps in the Spotlight preferences but it didn't help.

3. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mine seems to have resolved itself now. Maybe it was indexing or something.

4. azcoyote macrumors member

I've been having this issue with my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB. Prior to iOS 8.1.1., Spotlight Search would stop returning apps in search results. iOS 8.1.1 seems to have made the problem worse. Now Spotlight Search stops returning ANY results. I just get a blank screen. Powering down and restarting the iPhone and then waiting several minutes for re-indexiing will temporarily fix the issue. But I'll start getting blank search results again if I wait an hour. I really hope this gets fixed in the next iOS update! I rely on Spotlight Search to quickly launch apps without having to scroll through pages of apps to find them.

5. njchris macrumors regular

njchris

This has been happening to me. The spotlight screen is BLANK and never returns any results. If I reboot, it works for a while then it happens again.