Spotlight Search missing

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Curtispro, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Curtispro macrumors newbie

Has anyone else got this issue, when I first log into yosemite (PB2) the spotlight search icon is visible, when I click the icon I get the spinning beachball for about 5 seconds then the icon vanishes and no spotlight search window.

Also the shortcuts for spotlight search don't seem to work either.

I have submitted a report, any ideas if I can fix this?

Worked fine up until yesterday, I reinstalled Yosemite today and it does the same thing, (PB1 was fine)

Cheers

Curtispro

2. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

I'm having problems launching spotlight (from the keyboard shortcut) in PB2 and also with the magnifying icon disappearing!

Was working fine after updating to PB2, but not after a recent reboot :confused:

3. mynameiskyle macrumors newbie

Same here, just updated to PB2. Spinning beach ball then it disappears. Holy **** this is annoying, I use spotlight every* few minutes.

4. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I’m on the DP track (currently DP7). I never ran either of the PBs, but my Spotlight is working fine - both the icon and the CMD+Spacebar shortcut.

I keep seeing my Notification Center icon disappear. I can still click in the space where it is supposed to be to get to it though. It IS annoying.

Any issues with the NC icon in PB2?

All I can suggest is to report it (you have) and wait for a fix.

5. mynameiskyle macrumors newbie

Nope. NC icon is still there in the correct spot.

6. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

Anyone with this or a similar problem running either Bartender and/or Little Snitch?

For my further investigation I suspect both of these could be causing some of these strange behaviours

7. mynameiskyle macrumors newbie

Not running any spotlight enhancements.

8. mynameiskyle macrumors newbie

9. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

Was working fine under PB1, I skipped PB2 (never got around to installing it), then installed PB3 today and Spotlight is broken exactly as OP describes. Tried restarting, deleting /.Spotlight_V100, etc.