Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marcode

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
London, UK
Hello,

I have an intermittent issue with the Spotlight Search; it doesn't return any results regardless of what I'm searching for. Restart the phone resolves the issue for a while, the search results become slow (3 to 6 seconds) and eventually it stop returning any results.

The phone was reset and restored from backup at the beginning of December (before 10.2); the issues started with 10.2.

Anyone else having the same issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

I deactivated all the options in the Spotlight Search settings, restarted and turned them back on.

Thanks,

(iPhone 6S)

fox1401

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2015
Server issue. Just ignore it and it will come back to normal eventually.

Marcode

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
London, UK
Thanks for your reply; how is a server issue affecting the Spotlight Search results when the apps I'm searching for, are installed on my phone?

Also, restarting the phone fixes the issue for a day or 2, but gradually gets slower and then stops listing the apps I'm searching for.

Stalyn

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Hello,

I have an intermittent issue with the Spotlight Search; it doesn't return any results regardless of what I'm searching for. Restart the phone resolves the issue for a while, the search results become slow (3 to 6 seconds) and eventually it stop returning any results.

The phone was reset and restored from backup at the beginning of December (before 10.2); the issues started with 10.2.

Anyone else having the same issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

I deactivated all the options in the Spotlight Search settings, restarted and turned them back on.

Thanks,

(iPhone 6S)

Reported to Apple.

Reactions: Marcode
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.