Spotlight settings issue

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Razer(x), Oct 20, 2014.

1. Razer(x) macrumors regular

Razer(x)

Hi, i have two partitions, one with yosemite one with mavericks

i would like spotlight not to index the other partition, but this is what happens: if i tell to the spotlight in mavericks not to index yosemite partition i will find the same setting on yosemite, meaning that it will not index its same partition

What the hell is happening?

2. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

I ran into that very same issue for the past few months while I was beta testing Yosemite and still running Mavericks as my go-to system.
    Every time I booted from either Partition, first thing I did was open system Preferences and correct the Spotlight settings.
    I found no permanent fix for this issue even after reporting it to Apple.

3. X-X macrumors 6502

In addition to that... when you deactivate any categories in the Spotlight Settings - they will still show up in the search results.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1804956

Spotlight is completely broken in Yosemite, when it comes to settings.

4. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

This is my one of my favourite issues when running multiple partitions. It is frustrating and the problem has been around for AGES (I first noticed it between Lion and Mountain Lion). I offer no solution, but I share your pain. :D

5. Bostew macrumors newbie

Spotlight not working in Yosemite

I cannot get Spotlight to work in Yosemite. When I click on it, I get the introduction page. What can I do?