Spotlight?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cellocello, Jan 5, 2009.

1. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Amid all the phone shenanigans ... I think more "realistic" possibilities for the iPhone at MacWorld are falling to the wayside.

One thing I could go for being revealed tomorrow is Spotlight for the iPhone.

Search for contacts, email addresses, phone numbers, visited web pages, apps, music, map locations, SMS conversations, podcasts, etc and so on and so forth ... searching would be great!

Sorry if this has been discussed before - but with MacWorld tomorrow, I thought I'd get everyone's opinion.

Sure, it's not a "Nano" -- but Spotlight would still be pretty exciting!

Anyone think that's a possibility for tomorrow?

2. shanshor macrumors regular

I think it is a great idea, and it is something i have longed for ever since i unjailbroke my ipod touch.

However, it is unlikely Apple could develop a new software update with this feature without it being leaked to devs, etc.

If a semi-major feature such as this came up, we would know. EDIT: not to mention, Apple already has a software release being worked on, which is still being tested. Personally i think Push notification should be issued before Spotlight

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Of course they can, because Spotlight would search the system for stuff like that^.

Btw, I think this is a great idea. Would def. use it for music.

4. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I agree to this idea: it's a good one!
    It will be very useful if it comes to the iPhone.

5. cellocello thread starter macrumors 68000

cellocello

In a VERY big way.

Imagine being able to search for an artist, having all their songs and guest appearances appear in the search results and being able to make a playlist right there. Bam!

Or searching for all friends that live in a particular city (search "416" area code, in my case) and sending out a mass txt message. Bam!

The number 9 stuck in your head? Search for "9" and find phone numbers, emails, songs and OH YEAH - that concert you forgot about on January 9th. Bam!

I'm telling you ... Spotlight on the iPhone could be a "big deal" worthy of a reveal at MacWorld.

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

If it doesn't appear, we should all send this suggestion off to people. And yes, I have a lot of 416 numbers too, as well as 905 and 647.

7. cellocello thread starter macrumors 68000

cellocello

I may have to put "Drinking buddy" in the Occupation field for some of my contacts ...

Spotlight -> Drink b -> Auto suggest 'Drinking buddy' -> mass txt message -> let's get drunk! -> BAM! ;)

8. cellocello thread starter macrumors 68000

cellocello

MacWorld's getting closer .....

I kinda half-know that we're not getting Spotlight on the iPhone, though. :(

(Hope I'm wrong though!)