Spotting MBPs in advertising

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by c-Row, Jan 21, 2008.

1. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

Does anyone else have fun spotting MacBook Pros in print and television ads these days? Sometimes, they try not to make it to obvious it seems by editing out the large :apple: logo, but you can tell it by its form, the colour or even the ports on the side.

Is this some kind of addiction? :eek:

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

yep it aint a hobby but theirs a Mac that keeps popping up in a tesco add in the uk, you dont see the logo but get a peek of the isight and the top of the screen

3. Stitzu macrumors member

I often see a lot where they have put small square of paper or something over the Apple on the back to hide it, but it's always obvious to tell what it really is :D

4. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Like on Nick, when all the laptops have PEAR SKINS...

also, if you've ever looked through PB Teen's catalog, they have an average of 60 Apple things in each catalog!

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah i see them all the time. i usually think to myself "hey, there's my laptop"

6. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I have to say, that is one thing that bothers the heck out of me. First off, why is a 13 yo using a MBP to do nothing and second, why use a big ugly pear? Regardless, I love to play spot the Mac when watching TV or counting in a magazine (SkyMall anyone? They've got thousands of nonchalant Macs hanging out).

7. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Yeah, I completely agree. The only reason why a 13 yo is using a mbp is cause Apple paid for it to be there.