Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buddster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
My bluetooth is very unstable in Mavericks. The magic mouse constantly disconnects and reconnects along with laggy tracking. I swapped the mouse and the problem remains while everything is fine in ML. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
My bluetooth is very unstable in Mavericks. The magic mouse constantly disconnects and reconnects along with laggy tracking. I swapped the mouse and the problem remains while everything is fine in ML. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Nope, my magic mouse is working just fine.
Make sure to Create a diagnostic report and send it with your bug report. Hold down the option key and click on the blue tooth in the menubar.

ArnieX

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Same here

I have the exact same issue while trackpad on MBPR directly works normally. Keyboard seems to be ok as well... no idea where the problem is. Was OK on ML.

fabbroni

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
Same problem here on my iMac

The connection problem appeared immediately after the upgrade to Mavericks.

SoloStyle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Same issue here! It's been happening with my magic mouse and a bluetooth headset I have connected. I've had no problems until the upgrade to Mavericks.

mrgq

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
Are any of you experiencing issues with non apple BT devices? I had an issue that was being caused by the Logitech LLC software (I have a DiNovo Edge BT KB). I removed the software (it can be found under Applications > Utilities and that solved my problem.

dgrmac

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2013
Unreliable Bluetooth Connectivity in Mavericks

I have an old iMac from 2007, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB, OS X 10.9 with Bluetooth connected, Apple-branded keyboard, mouse and trackpad. Ever since my upgrade to Mavericks, I lose connectivity to one of the three, almost at random, when recovering from sleep, whether I put the iMac to sleep explicitly or it times out due to inactivity.

The only reliable "fix" is to reboot! This is for an iMac that I used to go months without a reboot!

Other attempts to fix by explicitly disconnecting or removing the affected device does not result in reliable pairing...connects and disconnects repeatedly.

Really bummed out. Not a Mac expert by any stretch.

Anyone have any idea of a more elegant fix?

sccaldwell

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2003
I'm having the same issue on an early 2008 Mac Pro (8-core Xeon, 12GB, mirrored 3TB, with separate 1TB and 2TB boot drives (Mountain Lion server and client, respectively). Now have Mavericks installed on a new Kingston 120GB SSD, which is where the problem shows up.

At first I thought it was a hardware conflict with the new SSD drive I'd installed (mounted directly on a PCI-e SATA 3 card...very elegant!!).

I installed Mavericks on the new drive, restored my apps and user folder to it, rebooted to it and all worked....until both my Logitech diNovo keyboard and Apple trackpad will stop working for 30 seconds or so at a shot. This happens every couple of minutes, so it makes the installation near-unusable.

Reboot to the old Mountain Lion installation on the other hard drive, and no problems whatsoever, yet the new SSD drive still mounts and is usable with no issues.

The *interesting* thing is that if I launch Call of Duty 4 (or presumably other games...haven't tried as I'm not a big gamer) while booted from the Mavericks drive, both the bluetooth keyboard and trackpad work flawlessly. It's as if the problem is with Apple's BT driver and CoD4 is somehow bypassing it? I played CoD4 yesterday for over an hour with zero problems, but both before *and* after that, the same BT keyboard and trackpad kept dropping out as if they'd lost connection. I plugged in an old USB keyboard and when the BT one stops working, the USB one still does, so the system isn't completely hung...just lost BT.

Really odd....

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Craig

kmrichie

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2014
Yup Me Too

Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue? I am getting a little more than frustrated with it :(

jmattv

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2012
Detroit
same BT issue with 3rd party BT keyboard

My KC1280 BT keyboard drops out regularly and doesn't want to pair. I bought it was a boner so they sent me another. One irks fine for my kindle fire HD 7", but can't the one to stay on with the 2006 MBP. (Too old for Mavericks.) Stymied.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.