Sprang and ordered a new Macbook Pro

btgordon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Hey Guys-

I just went for it, and pulled the trigger on a new stock 2.16 ghz 15 inch MBP. I am going to college next year, so before I go I am going to sell this one and buy the latest and greatest then.

I have to say, now that I have done this it feels like a weight is off of my shoulders. I only wish I had done it sooner, but certain things in my life were forcing me to have a mobile computer solution.

It ships this friday, and gets here a week after that, according to apple. Pictures of the unpacking for sure!

Kenya

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
Congratlations. I recently bought a stock MBP 2.0 (glossy) and I LOVE it! I wanted to take pics of the unpacking too but I just couldn't wait. Have fun!

btgordon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Will do. Now I still have to wait until the 20th, so says the site, but its better than waiting indefinetly!

btgordon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
This will also be my first mac, anyone have some good links talking about the features of OSX, or anything that may be useful to a switcher? It would be nice to know the capabilities of this new OS which everyone keeps espousing.

btgordon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Looks like it will be here this friday, a week early! Apple was way conservative.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
btgordon said:
This will also be my first mac, anyone have some good links talking about the features of OSX, or anything that may be useful to a switcher? It would be nice to know the capabilities of this new OS which everyone keeps espousing.
It is very appliance-like. In the sense you do not have to fiddle with it like you do with a computer. It is all just drag and drop for installing applications, and configuring options that are only presented to you through the GUI.

If you need more out of the computer you are stuffed though, but on the go it is a very good OS since people don't fiddle all that much on laptops :cool: