Spray paint Apple Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TSE, Mar 10, 2012.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I want to spray paint the Apple Bluetooth keyboard. Just the keys.

Is it possible to take them off, and if so, any ideas on how to keep the letters from being covered?

2. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

Yes, you can take the keys off just by popping them with your fingers. No there no way to protect the letters. If you want them in black your best bet is to find black keyboard key stickers. Sometimes they come in glow in the dark although I don't know if they will have it for some of the mac keys.

3. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

As mentioned, you can pop off the keys, but it would be difficult to protect the letters from getting painted. It's not impossible; just put a little tape over the letter and peel it off after the paint has dried. However, that's a hassle and would make the paint job look crappy.

Another option would be to get pre-cut letter stencils small enough for keyboard keys and repaint the letters onto the keys after painting them. And no, I don't know where you could get those.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

With respect, I would have thought not the brightest of ideas! Surely, after a period of time, the paint will wear off? Surely, the suggestion of keyboard stickers is the most sensible idea.

5. melva macrumors member

6. waw74 macrumors 68030