Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unfragile

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Instead of asking for benchmarks you guys could use this spreadsheet to search for it.

It's in the initial state, but with some help this could be very helpful (I think)

I need everyone's help to complete this.

Please if you have any benchmark or opinions to update this this New Mac Pro late 2013 Benchmarks.

Anim

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2011
Macclesfield, UK
Good start

The 3D Mark scores do not differentiate between the CPU cores used. It really needs that somehow as it will have a bearing.

Might be worth breaking it down

4C, D300
4C, D500
4C, D700
etc...

I know thats going to create a large list but it is more accurate.

Thoughts?

unfragile

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Good start

The 3D Mark scores do not differentiate between the CPU cores used. It really needs that somehow as it will have a bearing.

4C, D300
4C, D500
4C, D700
etc...

Thoughts?

Nice one. Thank you. I'll update soon.

----------

Good start

4C, D300
4C, D500
4C, D700
etc...

Thoughts?

Added.

Now Macrumors users and owners of the New Mac Pro bring your benchmarks

unfragile

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Good idea. Spent some time reorganizing and adding a bit more detail.

Any ideas what to add more?

I want something simple.

I think add adding memory is useful (I know it give a benchmark a boost, but we all want estimated score, not accurate, it's not possible).

----------

And input the existing data from the geekbench thread :D

If you find it, please post here.

That's why I asked for help.

I work 12hours at day. I thinking with everyones help we have this ready in a couple of days.

unfragile

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
How about games :D

Because I don't play games on computer specially if it is my workstation, I use a PS3 for that :)

But go ahead make a new Tab on the spreadsheet and full fill it with all the info you want and have.

tillsbury

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2007
Interesting stuff, thanks for setting this up. Look forward to getting more data in there.

I'm wondering about getting a nMP, but I'm not at all sure whether it'd be a significant enough upgrade to be worth it. TBH I'm not amazed by the benchmark figures that are coming out, except perhaps where the specific dual-GPU is being used properly.

Could we perhaps have a couple of lines of "other" macs for comparison? I'm coming from a rMBP (2.6GHz) and would be interested to see the comparison, along with perhaps a top-of-the-line current iMac and a standard Mac mini. This will let us all see how much of a performance increase to expect, and thus how far up the nMP tree to buy into.

unfragile

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Interesting stuff, thanks for setting this up. Look forward to getting more data in there.

I'm wondering about getting a nMP, but I'm not at all sure whether it'd be a significant enough upgrade to be worth it. TBH I'm not amazed by the benchmark figures that are coming out, except perhaps where the specific dual-GPU is being used properly.

Could we perhaps have a couple of lines of "other" macs for comparison? I'm coming from a rMBP (2.6GHz) and would be interested to see the comparison, along with perhaps a top-of-the-line current iMac and a standard Mac mini. This will let us all see how much of a performance increase to expect, and thus how far up the nMP tree to buy into.

The spreadsheet is for everyone, you can add anything you want to show.
Don't wait for me to put that to you, I'm sorry.

You could put the benchmarks you found in this thread and later if I have time i can update the spreadsheet, but anyone can do it it's an open spreadsheet.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Hmm, what's the difference between configuration and GPU tab? Some tests seem to overlap? :confused:

ozbimmer

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
I have added some Geekbench 3 scores on a separate sheet. The data was taken directly from Primate Labs using the following search string: "MacPro6,1 Mac OS X 64-bit". I filtered the extracted data using the keywords "xeon", "16" and "26" to include only available nMP configs. Min, max and mean S64 and M64 scores are displayed.

ChuckBlack

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2010
I have added some Geekbench 3 scores on a separate sheet. The data was taken directly from Primate Labs using the following search string: "MacPro6,1 Mac OS X 64-bit". I filtered the extracted data using the keywords "xeon", "16" and "26" to include only available nMP configs. Min, max and mean S64 and M64 scores are displayed.

Nice Job!

Sinx2oic

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
Why is there four 8 cores (two with D700). Sorry I probably missed something.
Thanks for doing this, it's very useful!

unfragile

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Why is there four 8 cores (two with D700). Sorry I probably missed something.
Thanks for doing this, it's very useful!

If theres something wrong you can change it to make it better.
Thank you

----------

Thank you :)

----------

Hmm, what's the difference between configuration and GPU tab? Some tests seem to overlap? :confused:

I think the person that put the two tabs was thinking that some benchmarks use the GPU and others don't and he was trying to separate even if it appears in the two tabs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.