Spreadsheet for both MBP & iPad?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wills.Details, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Wills.Details macrumors member

I was wondering if there is a spreadsheet type program (i currently use Excel) that will work both on my ipad and MBP. I do a lot of mobile work and track things like customers, jobs, pay etc and would like to just keep all that stored on my iPad, but would also like to be able to sync it to my MBP for a back up and for any edits that may need to be made down the road.

Any suggestions?

2. sdimas macrumors member

3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Numbers (part of the iWork suite on iOS and OS X) works well and syncs over iCloud.

All iWork apps on iOS and OS X sync over iCloud.

4. priitv8 macrumors 68020

If it must be Excel, try Office 365. Also special version for iPad available for free, but requires subscription for R/W access.

5. Wills.Details thread starter macrumors member

I check it out...it looks like the most recent version has very poor reviews, but then again im looking to use it for very basic spreadsheet (just tracking customers, jobs, dates and payment...and of course adding up totals over each month). Since my operation will be fairly basic, it should be a decent fit i think???

6. Freyqq macrumors 68040

-Google spreadsheets
    -Numbers
    -MS Office 365 (most advanced option, but also costs money)

7. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

OpenOffice also has versions for both Mac and iPad....I've only ever used the PC version but it should enable what you want...

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I use Excel, They have a version for the iPad and I have it on my MBP as well. With OneDrive you can edit your spreadsheets on your iPad or Mac.

I've used numbers and Excel, and Excel by far is so much better then Numbers, I highly recommend this. Its a better product.

9. Wills.Details thread starter macrumors member

I have been using Excel on my MBP so that would be idea. The OneDrive app you speak of, i looked it up in the app store. Is it OneDrive or OneDrive for business that you'd recommend? And with this app it will allow me to transfer sheets from my ipad to my MBP and vice versa?