Spreadsheets

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stockcerts, Jan 5, 2009.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

Is there an application that I can use for looking at existing spreadsheets? At work we often take spreadsheets to meetings. I thought it would be pretty cool if I could take an existing Excel spreadsheet and somehow have it available on my IPhone. Thanks!

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Attach it to an email.
    Then open in the email on your iPod Touch/iPhone.

3. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

That's an easy solution! :) How do you save the file once you've opened it in the e-mail?

4. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

As long as your email is IMAP once you've d/l to your iPhone it will be saved there and won't need d/l again. Just reopen the email. Unfortunately there is currently no way to save files from emails. If you've POP then you'll just have to re- d/l the file on opening.

An alternative is to try one of the multitude of apps that let you store and view files on the iPhone. Airsharing/Datacase/Mobilefiles to name just a few.

5. odelay macrumors 6502

You can't save it locally. But try MobileFiles which allows viewing of spreadsheets/docs/ppt files etc from your MobileMe account. Or MobileFiles Pro which also has wifi transfers if you don't use MobileMe. The pro version also allows spreadsheet editing and it's very good too, I have the pro version. Word doc editing is coming in a future update.