Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
Thanks for posting this - nice to see what it looks like "in real life" instead of in Apple's achingly-perfect-but-sometimes-misleading product photos. Thought it was close to Azure, now it seems a little darker and more saturated, partway in between Azure and Blue Cobalt. I might need this. Sigh. Wonder how it compares to Royal Blue (which I decided I wanted, too late).

(Next I want a purple with more red in it than Ultraviolet - which looks really good in the photos, but too close to a dark blue in real life. I need 50/50 mix of red & blue. C'mon Apple!)
Know what you mean- it killed me when I bought the ruby red classic buckle only to be disappointed with the actual color. It’s also amazing what lighting conditions can do. It’s funny you mentioned royal blue, I think the Denim blue is closer to that then Azure.

Reactions: CarlJ

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Got the Flash Light Sport Loop. It's quite bright, the edges are like Nike's "Volt" color, and the threads appear to be clear or a cloudy-translucent white.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 11.52.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 11.52.11 AM.png
    522.4 KB · Views: 548

antnee

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2014
Got the Flash Light Sport Loop. It's quite bright, the edges are like Nike's "Volt" color, and the threads appear to be clear or a cloudy-translucent white.

Thanks I was on the fence on getting that band, now i know thats too damn bright for me!

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I picked up my first non sport band!

Was debating between the sport loop & woven nylon & selected the woven nylon. It's light & comfortable & happy to have something different.

However, I'm on the fence about the color. I have the black woven nylon, but I'm thinking about the black striped woven nylon.

I'm sure this is similar to any other retailer, but for those who've exchanged watch bands, how quick & seamless was the return / exchange? (Is it more "Costco easy" or "Best Buy strict")

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I picked up my first non sport band!

Was debating between the sport loop & woven nylon & selected the woven nylon. It's light & comfortable & happy to have something different.

However, I'm on the fence about the color. I have the black woven nylon, but I'm thinking about the black striped woven nylon.

I'm sure this is similar to any other retailer, but for those who've exchanged watch bands, how quick & seamless was the return / exchange? (Is it more "Costco easy" or "Best Buy strict")
Did you buy it from Apple? If so, it's pretty easy. I bought a Woven Nylon when they first came out but ended up exchanging the colour, took about 2 minutes.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Did you buy it from Apple? If so, it's pretty easy. I bought a Woven Nylon when they first came out but ended up exchanging the colour, took about 2 minutes.

Yep, I bought it from the apple store. I've never exchanged or returned anything from there so was just curious!

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm going back & forth, I figure I'll give it a couple more days & see, but I like the woven nylon more than I thought I would!

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Picked up the Cargo Khaki sport loop, i think it’s awesome. Finally a real shade of green! Also included a comparison photo with the dark Olive.

Very nice! Too bad there is no Sport Band in this colour, we (as in: Watch owners who prefer Sport Bands vs. Sport Loops) need a few nice greens as well.

And yes, I know there is a Nike Sport Band in this colour, but I don‘t like the look of those very much, either.

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
Very nice! Too bad there is no Sport Band in this colour, we (as in: Watch owners who prefer Sport Bands vs. Sport Loops) need a few nice greens as well.

And yes, I know there is a Nike Sport Band in this colour, but I don‘t like the look of those very much, either.
I know, I would rather have the same color in a regular sport band then with the Nike holes. Hopefully we’ll get some great fall colors in September

Reactions: Javabird

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
I know, I would rather have the same color in a regular sport band then with the Nike holes. Hopefully we’ll get some great fall colors in September

Hear, hear!

We now have/had so many pretty shades of Blue and Red (the new Rasperry is just exquisite, by the way) ... but almost no Greens at all! The original highlighter Green, the (very pretty) Mint, and if you‘re being generous calling it green the Dark Teal. Seems like Jony Ive is not a green person … :D

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I also picked up the Nike Cargo Khaki Sport Loop in addition to the Flash Light Sport Loop. The Flash Light is very bright. The woman at the Apple Store joked you wouldn't go missing with it. The Cargo Khaki is a very muted olive. Both look and feel great. Flash Light would be good for outdoor runs in low light!

Just a note on availability/display -- my local Apple Store in Manhattan did not have all watch bands on display, though they were in stock. Some you have to ask for so do not hesitate to do so if you don't see it out.

Reactions: DoubleFlyaway

Javabird

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I also picked up the Nike Cargo Khaki Sport Loop in addition to the Flash Light Sport Loop. The Flash Light is very bright. The woman at the Apple Store joked you wouldn't go missing with it. The Cargo Khaki is a very muted olive. Both look and feel great. Flash Light would be good for outdoor runs in low light!

Just a note on availability/display -- my local Apple Store in Manhattan did not have all watch bands on display, though they were in stock. Some you have to ask for so do not hesitate to do so if you don't see it out.

LOL, Apple should make a Glow light (reflective) band for people who run or bike in the dark!

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Here is my haul from the Spring 2018 collection. The Raspberry Sport is super nice, so warm and fruity, and may be my favourite red Sport band so far (and I have many …) The Denim is also really nice but quite close to the Royal Blue, only less vibrant; which is why I'll probably wear this one more. And the Blue Stripes woven nylon is just so very FRESH.

all.JPG
rasp.JPG
denim.JPG
stripes.JPG

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Here is my haul from the Spring 2018 collection. The Raspberry Sport is super nice, so warm and fruity, and may be my favourite red Sport band so far (and I have many …) The Denim is also really nice but quite close to the Royal Blue, only less vibrant; which is why I'll probably wear this one more. And the Blue Stripes woven nylon is just so very FRESH.

View attachment 756923 View attachment 756924 View attachment 756925 View attachment 756926
Beautiful pictures, but you're not helping me trying to not spend more on bands!

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017

View attachment 756923 View attachment 756924 View attachment 756925 View attachment 756926

Thanks for reminding me how much nicer and better suited the black dot is on the Steel Watch, and how from Series 3 onwards you have no choice but to get a red dot if you want an Steel Watch. :)

But otherwise on topic, nice pics (y)

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Thanks for reminding me how much nicer and better suited the black dot is on the Steel Watch, and how from Series 3 onwards you have no choice but to get a red dot if you want an Steel Watch. :)

But otherwise on topic, nice pics (y)

I agree … but this actually is a Series 3 – with a (self-made) Watch Dot. :)

Reactions: PeterJH3

Buran

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
I have one of the older too-small watch dots, and at some point I'll get one of the newer black ones. I'm just too lazy to for now.

I never bothered to activate cellular on the thing and to be honest I usually forget it's even an option. But I'm glad to have the sapphire crystal.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA

View attachment 756926

Picked up the same striped band today. I like it.

My Apple store also has the Electric Blue Classic Buckle on display, but not in stock. It looks just a bit brighter than last years Sapphire Classic Buckle. If I head back tomorrow to grab AppleCare I’ll toss it on my SS3 for you all to see.

Denim Blue looks a lot brighter in the store, as does the Raspberry one.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
The Denim is also really nice but quite close to the Royal Blue, only less vibrant; which is why I'll probably wear this one more.
I'm quite pleased with the Denim Blue - finally a good medium blue - darker than Azure, lighter than Blue Cobalt. I missed out on Royal Blue (decided it was nice just after it left), so I'm quite happy they released this.

Reactions: the future
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.