Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VTAb182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Just yesterday I noticed a strange thing my phone does when I send or recieve a text message when the messaging app is open. It makes the regular short tone (ascending for sending and descending for recieving), but then for about 3 or 4 seconds it makes the sound of a spring "boing" or a spring doorstop being snapped. This noise is ascending or descending according to sending/recieving. It doesn't make that noise with anything else, and it doesn't happen when the phone is on silent. What do you think this is? Ill try to post a video later today or tomorrow.

jambobowron

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2009
Just yesterday I noticed a strange thing my phone does when I send or recieve a text message when the messaging app is open. It makes the regular short tone (ascending for sending and descending for recieving), but then for about 3 or 4 seconds it makes the sound of a spring "boing" or a spring doorstop being snapped. This noise is ascending or descending according to sending/recieving. It doesn't make that noise with anything else, and it doesn't happen when the phone is on silent. What do you think this is? Ill try to post a video later today or tomorrow.

it only happens when your in the Messaging app, instead of making your text sound. Suppose its less intrusive - and iChat makes a similar noise so i guess thats where it came from

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
Turn off. Turn on. Still Happens?
Hard Reset. Still Happens?
Restore, then from backup. Still Happens?
Restore as new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.