Spring Break in Paris..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by akal575, Mar 10, 2011.

1. akal575 macrumors member

So right now I am on Spring Break in Paris. I'm having a blast, but problem is I won't be home till the 15th. The iPad 2 comes on the 11th, so I just figured I would stay up in this time zone and order mine online when 12:01 PST hits here.

Do you think that I would be able to do that or do you think apple.com blocks certain IP's from ordering seeing it will register me being in Paris and not the US.

If that is the case, my only other work around is to use logmein on my mac at home and and order them from there off my macbook I have with me here haha

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

As long as you have a U.S. ship/billing address you are good to go.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You are fine ordering it online as long as you have a US credit card and address.

4. akal575 thread starter macrumors member

5. Fireworld macrumors member

I can confirm this.

6. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

The only thing to be aware of is that the site "may" not have the same performance as if you were in the States. In other words, if there's an overloading of their system at release time (anyone recall the iPhone 4 fiasco?) it's possible that you'd have more trouble getting an active connection vs someone much closer.

Come to think of it, to be on the safe side you should probably just give me your CC info and I'll order it for you. I'm good like that. :D

btw - What's your credit limit??:rolleyes:

7. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Or you could probably wait till you come home from your vacation in France and walk into the nearest Apple Store and buy it?

No reason to be all OCD about it ;)

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Doubtful they will run out of your model. Show a bit of patience and order (or better yet pick up in person) one on your return. I could understand your zeal if the were last year, but the iPad 2, come on!