Spring Break: where!?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Enrico, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Enrico macrumors 6502

Enrico

Hi guys!!!
    I'm an italian 23 yr-old student coming back to America for the next Spring Break.

Considering that I never had my Spring Break in the US/Mexico...which city would you advice me, and why?

I was thinking about Cancun, Las Vegas and Miami. The latter one I already visited several times so I'm ready to consider something else.

Thanks for anything that may come up...
    Enrico

2. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

I live in Las Vegas seems like a great place to party its LV is good

3. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Forget those places man! You need to check out Reykjavík. Granted you won't have the week long party, but the Friday and Saturday nights are amazing. Some of the best night life! :D I can tell you, many great night clubs and bars :)

4. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i'm going to ask the op a question: what do you want out of spring break? party city or enrichment or something else? but here are some general suggestions outside of the three cities.

if you're into baseball, you can stay in central florida or phoenix for spring training games in march. more than enough action for a week, plus there's stuff in orlando, tampa and phoenix when there's no game going on.

here's what a few people did at my school (the beach was for skipping class), skiing in the mountains or something cold weather based. but then again, you probably have killer mountains in italy.

san diego is also a good place to spend spring break, since it's pretty close to mexico and not too far from la, and the weather's nice. lots to do in those three cities.

5. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

All I can say is stay out of Florida if you value your life. Seriously. It gets baad down there for spring break. Fort Myers, on the other side of Florida on the Gulf, seems to consist mainly of my town, and everybody says that while its fun, prices are horrible and its packed beyond belief. Traffic's a nightmare. I can't say that Miami is much better, either, considering anecdotes from relatives.

I'd go to Vegas, myself.

6. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i spend 365 days of the year in florida, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. not that much to do here if you're not into clubbing and expensive restaurants or the beach. and the beach is overrated here, about half of it is private areas for the expensive hotels and most of the other half has suffered beach erosion (esp. palm beaches) in the past year, but suck anyway. and it shows, as most people don't go.

since they kicked the young ones out of ft. lauderdale 20 years back, the only real 'traditional' spring break spot is miami beach, and it's very expensive to go there, so broke people need not apply. i personally think miami in general is overrated, i hardly even go there at all.

more students than not at the college i went to were out of state for leisurely spring break trips because they get spring break every day locally in south florida.

as i said before, i prefer california's beaches, less money needed compared to miami. san diego would be your best bet if you want a beachy and 'traditional' spring break.

7. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Any Mexican resort town during spring break is everything MTV makes it out to be, and an italian accent certainly won't hurt with the ladies....

8. Enrico thread starter macrumors 6502

Enrico

Thanks to all...

Seems like the decision is down to Vegas and Cancun, with the beach in favor to the second one.
    As of San Diego as some of you mentioned, I just came back from 2 months there and I'm probably gonna spend my next year in exchange there....so I'd appreciate something else for this SB.

I like Miami Beach for Delano, Mokai, Tantra and that kind of stuff....last but not least...it's in the US!! I'm not that confident about Mexico safety as I was almost being arrested (if I didn't bribe to police) this summer in Tijuana, and also visited Mexico City which didn't feel safe at all for me...

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Whatever. When you live somewhere it becomes boring. I lived close to D.C. for the first 25 years of my life and thought there was nothing to do. Truth is, now that I moved away I can see there is more to do there than in most of the world. Florida's the same way. It's a FANTASTIC place to visit (my entire family is from Miami).

That said, if you want to party for Spring Break just know that all they do here is get drunk and act like morons. If you're into that then any beach is going to be rocking.

10. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Last year my roommate and I took a trip to Orlando and only planned to be there one day for the entire week. THe rest of the time we took detouring :)

Twas' fun

11. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

12. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn