Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
so who here has spring break off this week? i do! one full week off! im so freakin' excited because today i had three midterms, in a row!:( :eek: but i think i did well on them and stuff.. what will i be doing over spring break? i have no idea... seems to be the common answer around my campus.. what about everyone else on here?:eek:

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
My Spring Break ends this weekend. I've been spending the week in Seattle visiting a friend.

iSaint

macrumors 603
My kids are out! I've been on a long-term sub teaching position at the local middle school. Let's just say I've been on a long-term prison guard assignment. It's mostly discipline at the school. So I'm on a break as well!

Not really going anywhere, as much as we want to. I want to go to the Apple Store in Memphis to get my kids an iMac or Man Mini. That would be a fun road trip!

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Reading week was in February for all of my friends, except one, who goes to DePaul and he had his 'Spring Break' last week.

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
OutThere said:
I've been on spring break since the 8th....8-29th of march. :D

THREE WEEKS? :eek: I might have to enroll at your University next year! My Spring break was from March 4 - 12. Kind of early, but I like the fact that it's midway through the Spring semester.

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
i have just finished packing my room up...... all that's left on my desk is my powerbook:D

i am about to commence 4 weeks off, 1 of which i will spend renewing my lifeguard qualification, and the rest will be spent relaxing/ doing coursework.

S

L

Lau

For the benefit of clueless Brits like myself, what is the whole spring break thing all about? British students get a 3 week Easter holiday (or a 2 week holiday if you're at school) and it's all very good and nice - you get time off and work or relax depending on your situation. Then I saw Family Guy a while back and Spring Break seemed like a big thing in the US, i.e. more than a holiday. So what does Spring Break entail in the US?

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
Lau said:
For the benefit of clueless Brits like myself, what is the whole spring break thing all about? British students get a 3 week Easter holiday (or a 2 week holiday if you're at school) and it's all very good and nice - you get time off and work or relax depending on your situation. Then I saw Family Guy a while back and Spring Break seemed like a big thing in the US, i.e. more than a holiday. So what does Spring Break entail in the US?
Eh, just a time to spend hanging out at home or to go on a trip, probs most commonly to the beach.
It's sort of a big time for a lot of people to go to the beach, etc.... almost a preview to summer. :cool:
So, a big deal to a lot of people. Especially college kids. Who like to go to Cancun. A lot. B/c you only have to be 18 to drink there. :rolleyes:

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
Last day of mine is on Monday... been off the whole past week and the Friday before.
Just been hanging at home, but it's been fun. Hung out w/ a lot of friends, etc, and just regrouped.:cool:

EDIT: Smileys are on. Wtf? Why does it just say ":cool:"?

L

Lau

Any event that involves going to the beach and drinking is good as far as I'm concerned. The idea of half a continent going to the beach and drinking makes sense that spring break is a big deal....:D Thanks amateurmacfreak.

<wanders off in the vague direction of the beach>

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
I went to Orlando with a bunch of friends for Spring Break, which was last week. We had 10 days off.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
MacFan782040 said:
I went to Orlando with a bunch of friends for Spring Break, which was last week. We had 10 days off.

Ah, yes, the Tower of Terror. Rode it so many freaking times with my friend when we went last summer. And her brother. :) *smacks head* I did not just say that.

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
I'm on my way home for spring break right now. It's a six hour drive. I just stopped in to eat at Schlotzky's Deli and they have iMacs with internet!! I might be staying here longer than I intended. :)

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
Oryan said:
I'm on my way home for spring break right now. It's a six hour drive. I just stopped in to eat at Schlotzky's Deli and they have iMacs with internet!! I might be staying here longer than I intended. :)
Wow. :eek: That's awesome. Go Schlotzy's! Is it free??:confused:

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
cycocelica said:
mine was last week. 13-17.
Same here. SPent most of it working, about two hours on Friday cooking, then a few hours that night drinking. :D
Personally, I don't understand why everyone goes to Cancun, especially from New England. Montreal is closer, has the same drinking age as Mexico, and has safer water.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
amateurmacfreak said:
Last day of mine is on Monday... been off the whole past week and the Friday before.
Just been hanging at home, but it's been fun. Hung out w/ a lot of friends, etc, and just regrouped.:cool:

EDIT: Smileys are on. Wtf? Why does it just say ":cool:"?

I think it's becuase you have a period next to it like this: "regrouped.:cool:" try "regrouped. :cool:"

EDIT: OK, nevermind. haha.

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
amateurmacfreak said:
Wow. :eek: That's awesome. Go Schlotzy's! Is it free??:confused:

Yeah, it was completely free. I had to show someone how to use Safari, but they liked it once they figured out how to close new windows. They thought the macs were really sleek.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
Oryan said:
Yeah, it was completely free. I had to show someone how to use Safari, but they liked it once they figured out how to close new windows. They thought the macs were really sleek.
What is there to show?? Haha.
Glad they liked it. Much better than the uber-fugly IE.
Don't ya love helping idiots w/ Mac stuff??:D :rolleyes:
I mean, it's fun. They're nice. Just clueless. Haha. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.