Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8erboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Hi Again,
i've decided that i will be buying my first mac this weekend :-D
ive thought about this for months.. and .. and.. the IMAC IS FOR ME!
anyhow, i just want to give you all a rundown of how im going to go about purchasing this piece of art.. so there is no room for getting disqualified from this spring promo rebate/deal.... here's my plan:

+ I'm going to shop at the Apple store (in person).
+ I show them my student I.D card and they will give me edu pricing.
+ Once i purchase my mac and bring it home i print out the spring promo
rebate...
+ fill it out..
+ and send it in..
+ and wait for my rebate to be accepted
+ in 3-6 weeks i should get back some money
+ and than my mac buying experience is over [ :'( ] until next purchase?

anything im missing/ should be aware of.
thanks so much,

sk 8 R

* P.S could a state community college teacher get the same EDU pricing.. and qualify for the spring promo????

thanks again '

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
sk8erboy said:
+ Once i purchase my mac and bring it home i print out the spring promo rebate...
+ fill it out..
+ and send it in..
+ and wait for my rebate to be accepted
+ in 3-6 weeks i should get back some money
Make sure you send it in pronto because in finer print the rebate form says that 1) it must be postmarked NO later than 30 days after purchase, and 2) well, I'm sure you already know that this promo ends June 25th, and 3) on the rebate form it says that the check could take up to 8 weeks to arrive. Also, you have to send in the proof of purchase from the box, they explicitly state that peeled off ones don't count (I didn't wanna cut up my big beautiful box, oh well, if that little rectangular piece of sticker and cardboard will equate $100). Annnnd, a copy of the dated receipt of purchase must also be sent in.

As far as the community college teacher discount... I'm pretty sure that he/she qualifies.

wiseguy27

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2005
USA
devilot76 said:
As far as the community college teacher discount... I'm pretty sure that he/she qualifies.
qualifies for what? the EDU pricing? Yes. The Spring "Go Save" Promo ($100 MIR)? No. That's only for college students.

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
The rebate says:

You must be a qualified Apple Education Individual end-user purchaser (employee, board member, or attendee of a home school or a public or private education institution in the 50 united states or DC) and not a reseller to obtain this promotional offer.

That sounds like he qualifies.

sk8erboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
ahhh i guess im being a mac consumer today!!!
quickk helppp...

#
# To receive a rebate, you must provide: (1) A completed original serialized request coupon. (Serialized request coupons may not be altered. This serialized coupon is limited to one use and one redemption. Duplicate submissions of the same coupon number will not be honored.) (2) Proof of purchase consisting of an itemized, dated sales receipt showing ALL Apple products purchased, the reseller's name and address, your name and address, the serial number of the qualifying product, and the price paid for the qualifying product. (Order acknowledgments, packing slips, and purchase order copies do not qualify.) (3) The UPC/bar code label cut from the qualifying product box. (The UPC/bar code label must be cut from the product packaging so that the cardboard backing is completely removed from the packaging. The UPC/bar code label must include the part number with bar code, serial number with bar code, and product description.) The envelope enclosing your completed original serialized request coupon, proof of purchase, and UPC/bar code label must be postmarked within 30 days of your purchase date. Late submissions are not valid.

what is a request coupon????.. how do i get one??

** EDIT ** im guessing this is just the rebate form??

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
sk8erboy said:

what is a request coupon????.. how do i get one??

** EDIT ** im guessing this is just the rebate form??
Yes, yes it is. I sent my sales reciept from the Apple Store, Rebate form, and the UPC. I'm kicking myself for not making a copy of my receipt.

sk8erboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
hmm.. anyone know how to fill out the form if your a teacher. it asks for the year you entered college.. should i put the year i started teaching college .. or the year i entered college.. thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.