Spring updates ... What's next?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Alfuh, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Alfuh, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

Alfuh macrumors regular

Check out this article
    http://readwrite.com/2012/10/23/apple-spring-product-launch-tv

Or for all the tl:dr add crowd:
    -Apple just changed iPad launch to fall cycle
    -Makes sense to have all new iGadgets ready for holiday season (tablets will be a big gift item and selling a 7 Month old tablet against newer releases wouldn't be optimal)
    -Apple also just refreshed the hell out of their PC lineup
    -They likely will launch SOMETHING from Jan-Jun

This potentially leaves a gap for a new product launch

Obviously you can see by the link the author guesses an Apple television. Maybe ready for the Super Bowl? (Biggest TV purchasing weekend)

I just do nt think a new Mac Pro would be 6 months worth of launches / upgrades

What do you think will be coming out this spring?

2. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

iPhone 6
    mini "S"
    iPad 6

It is a new day at Apple!

3. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I hope the 5th Gen iPad looks just like the iPad mini, I prefer the shape of it compared to the edges of the current iPad. Would be nice to have them look the same apart from size.

4. Bishwasher macrumors regular

Don't you mean iPad 5? ;)

5. Bishwasher macrumors regular

Nah, too soon, next iPhone will obviously be the 5S;)

6. Alfuh thread starter macrumors regular

So you guys think that Apple will continue with a 6 month launch cycle?

I think it will be a year before an upgrade on iPhone or iPad which is what the author of the article was saying leaves room for a new product.

Maybe just a bug update / refresh of Apple TV to take it out of "hobby" status?

----------

But what is they made it ... 5X?!?!:eek:

7. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

Just posted in another thread on this topic - I think they've reset the refresh cycle for the iPads, and this is the time of year from now on they'll announce new iPads, and the article you linked says the same thing and provides some good arguments why.

As for what we could see first 1/2 next year - when are the Mac Pros supposed to be updated? I believe it's been announced they get a refresh next year. Could be we see something interesting with them? Someone suggested even moving to a Mac mini sized component based tower, which might be very interesting.

New television with ATV embedded, certainly possible. What about an App Store for the ATV at the same time, and perhaps a big push with games on the ATV (using iPad mini, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) as games controllers? Or an entirely new Apple games controller??

What could the next big thing for them be? Exciting to think about, isn't it?!

8. Alfuh thread starter macrumors regular

Those would all be awesome releases

I think the Mac Pro will get an update, but it's such a minute audience that I can't see it take up much space in the release calendar.

A beefed up offering for the Apple TV with App Store focused on other iGadgets being controllers for Apps and Games would be a huge step toward getting further established in the Living Room.