Springboard crash loop

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TorontoLRT, Oct 12, 2010.

1. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

Ever since I installed a custom dock, my springboard has been in a crash loop. I uninstalled it, but the loop goes on. I have safe mode, so I can still use my device, but safe mode has disabled all my extensions and tweaks! I've heard about something called crash reporter, but I can't find it in Cydia. Any idea how to fix this?

2. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Is it still like that after restarting? Mine stopped crashing after two times.

3. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

^Yes. I've restarted maybe five times and respringed twice.

4. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

What was the dock and did you disable it via Winterboard before uninstalling it?

5. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

^It was called something like Dock by Macy or Dock by Maureene, and no, I didn't disable via Winterboard. Should I reinstall and do that? Also, I found crash reporter, but it didn't tell me any suspects.

6. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Yeah, I would reinstall it. Then go into Winterboard activate it. It will cause the resprings still from the sounds of it. Then go back in and disable it in Winterboard. Then try and uninstall it.

7. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

Godamnit! I tried that, and still it resprings! And if it matters, the dock seems to either be called "Dock by Maty" or "Dock by M4TY".

8. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

At this point, could my best option be restore from a backup?

9. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Sounds like it, the dock install might have changed something and the uninstall doesn't replace the changes. This just tells you to be cautious what you install in the future heh, anyone can put a theme up on a repo.

10. Bubbly macrumors newbie

Dunno

I was tying to get MyWi on my Ipod because i thought i could. Recently i learned it is only for IPhone. I think the springboard thing on my ipod crashed but i have no idea. Now my ipod is on this loop thing where it looks like its starting up but it stays there for 10 - 20 mins before the screen goes white and then it looks like its starting up again. How do i fix this? I would try to restore it but itunes doesn't reconize it as being pluged in to my computer.