Springboard crashes? Advice please.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nwmtnbiker, Oct 27, 2011.

1. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I have a 4s and have had fair battery life. About 6-7 hours usage and couple days of standby.

My problem is that I have springboard crashes. I've had crashes in launching the appstore and settings apps and some appstore apps. I have quite a few "LatestCrash" reports and a few LowMemory ones.

I have done a dfu restore 2 nights ago so not sure what to do? Should I get it replaced with the error codes that I've been getting?

2. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

3. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

It's hard to tell what the issue could be...
    - Do you regularly close your apps?
    - There reportedly is an issue with contacts syncing in iCloud that causes crashes and battery-drain. If you have that on, try turning it off to check if the crashes re-appear.

4. nwmtnbiker, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Usually only close apps when charging at night. So every night. I don't have iCloud enabled at all. Just odd that I can be jailbroke on 4.3.3 and have zero crashes but do now on ip4s. Made a appointment this morning at apple but it's a 70 mile drive.

You even think apple would replace it?

5. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I doubt the problem will warrant a replacement as it looks like a software issue.
    The problem might have to do with faulty data in your device's backup. Did you setup your ip4s from the backup of your previous phone?
    A suggestion is to entirely re-do the syncing of your apps after wiping all 3rd party apps on the device.

6. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

No back up of any sort was performed. I did a dfu restore and set up as new phone 2 nights ago. So that being I'm still getting springboard crashes and low memory errors.

7. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Just a update. Went to the apple store this morning and the "genius" hooked up my phone to run the diagnostics on it. The battery came back bad he said. Even though I was happy with my battery life… And the Appstore, setting app both showed crashed many times along with low memory info and he said that was no good. He said if it wasn't actually the app store and settings app it would of passed but ended up coming home with a new one. Fingers crossed that this one works lol!