springboard crashes after call completion on iphone 4 OS 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by usit, Feb 11, 2011.

1. usit macrumors newbie

Everytime I complete an outgoing phone call my iphone 4 OS 4.2.1 freezes then resprings and prompt me to restart or go to safe mode.
    phone its jailbroken and using a trimmed ATT sim card.with no data plan so far.

2. EddieLucitt macrumors newbie

This is being caused by a package you installed from Cydia. There isn't really a way to tell which package is causing it.

The safest and simplest way to fix this would be to restore your phone then re-jailbreak. Watch out for some packages you install, as some of them still aren't fully compatible with your software version.

Hope this helped.

3. usit thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man ,its working now and it was a cydia related.
    take care,

4. rperezfranco macrumors newbie

How do you fix it?

Did you figured out which software installed was the problem?
    Do you have to restore and jailbreak again?

5. ellesRoi macrumors newbie

Fix?

Hey there
    can u tell us what exactly fixed your problem I'm having the same thing here

6. Lefty29 macrumors newbie

Lefty29

You've already seen what fixed his problem. What Eddie posted in the second post was exactly right. Restore your phone, rejailbreak, and when you reinstall your cydia packages be watchful of them as you install. Perhaps install one by one and test.

Alternatively, you can remove (non-essential) cydia packages one by one and see if that fixes it, but a full restore is guaranteed to fix it since it can be tough to nail down which cydia package is the cause.

Good luck.

7. ellesRoi macrumors newbie

No need To restore

Well there is a better solution than restore
    after my post here i kept looking for any thing similar to my problem
    and in some forum i found that MCLEANER causes crashing on 4.2.1
    i removed it from cydia and now my phone works perfect.

so for any one who has the same problem on 4.2.1 just remove MCleaner and it will be OK.. i emailed MCleaner guys about this and still waiting for an answer.

8. emonty macrumors newbie

great find!!!!!!!! Saves me a lot of :apple: searching, thank you man!!!! I also send them a mail, have 100% the same issue!!! :(

9. latafairam macrumors member

Awesome.
    My phone app was also crashing. This is also true for IOS 5.0.1 and if you have MCleaner installed.

Thanks a bunch