Springboard Crashes iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kage207, Jan 15, 2014.

1. kage207, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014

kage207 macrumors 6502a

Is anyone having a lot of Springboard crashes on their iPhone 5S? I seem to have about 4-5 every day. I've done a full restore, not from backup. I've also done a hard restore (the ones they do from Apple).

I'm asking this question to hear some feedback because I don't hear other people having this issue as much as I have had. I also have had stock apps to crash a bit.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

I do have app crashes, however I do not think I have ever had a reboot. Maybe try to restore as new with the bare minimum of apps. Could be a bad app(LE) in the bunch.

3. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

My wife had multiple crashes daily. We returned her 5s to Apple for an exchange. The new one did the same thing. We turned off Touch ID and it stopped crashing.

Oddly enough, my 5s doesn't do it. I also have my parents and mother-in-law and father-in-law on my account each with a 5s. They don't have the problem either.

4. kage207 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've tried this. I thought I conveyed this in the original post but I'm sorry if I didn't. I have also done the type of restore Apple would do. Holding down the home and sleep button at the same time until it restarts and then just holding the home button while connected to a computer. This hasn't stopped the crashes either.

I haven't tried without TouchID turned on. I mean it is a key feature of getting the new iPhone 5S for me. I'll try turning it off and then see if it keeps happening.

EDIT: Most of my Springboard crashes come from resuming music from iTunes Radio. :/

5. stevers macrumors member

Same here. iPhone 5 running the latest iOS.

6. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Mine as well. Theres definitely a severe bug in the music app that makes radio crash. A show stopping bug for a new service. Very disappointing. Not sure why more people aren't complaining about this. Its not a coincidence that we both have the springboard crash doing the same thing. 5 MONTHS OF THIS CRAP!!! How could they have not fixed this by 7.0.6. Yet we get the dumbest fixes for things like facetime. Even the latest SSL bug has been around since iOS 6. What a joke.

7. kage207 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree. They need to fix all SSL issues first and then these crashes related to the iTunes Radio. It is a major corner stone of their business. It is also why I won't pay for iTunes Radio until they fix it.

Though, I've had Springboard crashes with the Phone App and Messages as well. I even have done a clean install. :/

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK