Springboard crashes when i touch the volume!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by teddypinder, Oct 18, 2009.

1. teddypinder macrumors newbie

HELP PLEASE!! I need the infinite wisdom of mac rumor techies!! Thanks in advance!

PHONE: jailbroken 32gb 3Gs running 3.0 with all the basic tweaks - winterboard, backgrounder, fiveicon dock, etc.

WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE: Last night I was downloading some a bunch of GBA ROM's from a cydia repo (on my iphone) and SSH'ing with Cyberduck to add some icons for a themeset (glasklart) and a few wallpapers. I only added about ten or so files and they were all .pngs .

WHAT HAPPENED AFTER: I closed everything, opened gpsphone to play a gba game and clicked my volume up and then DUN DUN DUN....i get the loading wheel, the damn thing freezes, and then it reboots in safe mode. Since then, I have not been able to touch the volume or silencer without the same exact thing happening AND springboard just recently starting crashing without even doing anything.

I dont know what caused it so I uninstalled gpsphone and all the ROM's, but to no avail. Springboard still crashes. I am defeated.

PLEASEEE help me you guys I really don't know what else to do and I really dont wanna have to restore it or rejailbreak it. :( If anyone could lend any help it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much for reading/helping

2. teddypinder thread starter macrumors newbie