SpringBoard Relaunch/restart app?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by irthy, Jan 13, 2010.

1. irthy macrumors member

is there an app that can do this not some setting in SBsettings. I've been getting a lot of springboard crashes lately and it goes into safe mode disabling things like SBsettings. I wanted to see if a springboard restart would fix this issue. But i need an app on my springboard that i can open like a normal app not some custom settings in my system cause those get disabled. I'm on a tethered JB so in order to reset my springboard i must completely restart the phone. Which can be problematic if i don't have blackra1n handy.

2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Search for "Respring" in Cydia, that should help you out:)

3. irthy thread starter macrumors member

ha! That actually worked. No more worries if I crash into safe mode. respring brings my springboard to normal. perfect! Was just going to Re jailbreak with a clean install but i'm waiting on the new crack from Dev Team i suppose.

4. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Can't you just tap OK on the popup that comes up when you go into Safe Mode?

5. irthy thread starter macrumors member

yeah but i just gets rid of that window doesn't restart my springboard. So i'm stuck in safemode untill i can go home for a tethered restart which sux. Hence one reason why an untethered JB would be nice. But doubtful in the near future.:(

6. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Hey guys, this is one if threads that my search came up with. My springboard has been crashing which, in and of itself is not a big deal. I would like to know why or what is causing it. Is there anyway shirt of uninstalling apps one at a time to try and pinpoint the source ?
    TIA
    -gf