iPhone Springboard strings

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by restlessheartss, Mar 29, 2013.

1. restlessheartss macrumors member

restlessheartss

So I have been able to remove the slide to answer and slide to unlock labels but I have not been able to remove the slide to listen when I get a voicemail I have tried everything and its driving me crazy! I have a tap to unlock and I don't want the text showing! Any help would be appreciated! I am on iOS 6.1.1 thanks!

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

Edit the file above and change SLIDE_TO_LISTEN to blank. English.lproj might be different if you use a different language.

3. restlessheartss thread starter macrumors member

restlessheartss

I tried that its still showing up...I have no clue why

4. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Delete your springboard cache and reboot. /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard

5. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

[​IMG]

Playing around with these strings is too fun.

6. restlessheartss thread starter macrumors member

restlessheartss

Did that still not working...wondering what else it could be. Anyone have springboard strings they can give me maybe I am just missing something

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Running any Winterboard themes? Many of them have a strings file that may be overriding what you're trying to apply.

(I know on either iOS 4 or 5, there were some strings that no one could seem to actually delete/change, at least for a while there. Not sure if that still applies in iOS6+ though as I haven't yet messed around with mine.)

8. restlessheartss thread starter macrumors member

restlessheartss

Hmm I am running winter board themes but I checked those to see if they had strings and they didn't ill recheck them and see if I missed something.