Springboard wall paper

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jybute, Dec 5, 2008.

1. jybute macrumors newbie

So I have looked around the forums in search of a way to change the springboard background on my "not" jailbroken 3G. I have come to the conclusion that this is not possible.

But is this something that will be possible in the near future? To me,this seems like a prety minor request for this phone.

2. jybute thread starter macrumors newbie

I have to say,

If this is not even possible without jailbreaking.... This phone is no longer perfect.

I'm not afraid to jailbreak, I just don't have the ten to do the seemingly endless maintenance. I don't want to have to read for half an hour before I do a fw upgrade.

My wifes piece of s*** blackberry can do this. And that is arguably the worst skat phone on the market.

3. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Nope.

It's not possible to do it without jailbreaking. But jailbreaking is SO worth it. If you do it, you won't regret it.

4. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I guess I have no option but to agree. You've made an excellent point ...

5. jybute thread starter macrumors newbie

A couple of phones ago, I had a motorola Ming A1200. Very cool phone, but very touchy. In order to get it to work in the areai live in, I had to install different firmware. I am fairly apt when it comes to reading and following instructions. But for some reason, I missed a very critical point when reading the instructions posted by some very knowledgable members of motorolafans.com. Essentially, I bricked that phone. Now it was possible to unbrick, but I had lost patience by that point. After many hours playing with that phone, I decided to pick up this beuty. I love this phone, more so than the Ming that I had.

I guess what I am trying to say, is Im a little scared to brick this one. I have read a few posts on here refering to people having problems with their jailbroken iPhones.

What should I do?

6. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

When I bought the first gen iPhone I can't remember which SIM unlock I used. It was a free one, maybe Any SIM? I found a really good guide and followed it, it was pretty easy. You're right, it is possible to brick though.
    When they updated the firmware (whichever added the App Store, 2.0 I guess?) I used Pwnage. There is an option to unlock/jailbreak or just to jailbreak. I'm not sure how the program works now (on 2.2 or 2.3, whichever we're on) but it was almost fail-proof when I used it.