Springboardaccess package

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wowzera, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Hello,

Do you guys have this add-on installed? I don't remember installing it or a package that would require that. Also, I don't remember if it came by default when I installed Cydia.
    What is it for?

Thanks.

2. THE dAY macrumors 6502

I don't have it but maybe another package you installed depends on it.

You can get more info by trying to remove it by hitting "modify" then "remove" - here it will tell you what else will be deleted if you "Confirm".
    This will tell you what other package depends on it.
    Then you can back.

3. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

Someone told me that it's used to respring the springboard. I'll try to remove it.

4. THE dAY, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011

THE dAY macrumors 6502

You don't have to remove it, after you press "remove" it will tell you what other packages will be removed along with it.

These packages are the ones that depend on it. Its just a way for you to see what other package you have that needs this Springboardaccess.

You can then back out of the removal process, no need to "confirm", just hit "cancel"

Btw, who told you it's for restarting springboard, did you read the package info.

It says its a mobilesubstrate extension that allows to control status bar icons....etc

EDiT: sorry, did not want to come across as rude :)

5. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

I removed it. I think it came with my NES4iPhone emulator... I removed the NES4iPhone earlier, but SpringboardAccess keep in the system.

When I remove SpringboardAccess it only shows the application itself. I removed it from my iPhone, until now, no problems. I still want to know what packaged used that and how could it be used. :confused:

6. THE dAY macrumors 6502

7. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Deleted it. Since I don't use NES4iPhone, I don't need Springboardaccess. I thought that all packages that came with NES4iPhone were deleted, but.. :p