Springtomize 2 locked me out of my iPhone! Help please!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EODTech08, Jun 11, 2012.

1. EODTech08 macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak

I installed Springtomize 2 today and everything was working fine. I made some changes here and there, restarted and everything was okay. Until I made changes to the lock screen. I went in and added the custom text, took off the camera button, and the slider. After I restarted everything looked fine, then I tried to swipe to unlock it and nothing happened. I've swiped in every direction, at multiple speeds, and still nothing. I cannot unlock my iPhone.

Any suggestions to get around this without a full restore?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Hold down volume up as your phone boots up and this will take you to safe mode. From here you can fix your settings. This is assuming you are on the latest version of mobile substrate.

3. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

Do that, then once you are in safe mode, it would probably be good to uninstall Springtomize 2 from Cydia, just to be safe

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

No I don't think that's necessary. I think the OP just turned off the slide to unlock feature. Springtomize settings makes it seem like it just removes the text. The OP needs to either set up an activator action to unlock the device or go into springtomize settings and turn the slide to unlock slider back on.

5. EODTech08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweet! Worked like a charm! Thanks guys!

Don't know if I'll be trying Springtomize 2 again anytime soon. This has made me lose a lot of faith in it's reliability regardless of how cool it can be.

6. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Agreed - IMO, there are too many other useful functions to remove completely. This is especailly true since OP is unlikely to do the same thing again, lol.

7. EODTech08 thread starter macrumors newbie

I followed a video on iDownloadBlog about Springtomize 2. He selected to remove the slider, add custom text, and always show the camera. The only change I made was I selected to hide the camera. And in the video he slid to unlock still as if the slider was functioning just hidden.

8. dgstan macrumors 6502a

But it sounds like Springtomize did exactly what you told it to do - remove the slider.

9. EODTech08 thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL very true indeed. I'll probably reinstall it tomorrow and give it another go but I'm staying away from the lock screen changes for the most part.

----------

Yes it did, but in the video that demoed it he removed the slider but it kept the functionality. basically as if it made the slider invisible but still functional.

----------

Here's the video that I used to learn about the features and what I based my lock screen off of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv5nQO1inag

10. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Interesting. When I disable the slider, I can not slide to unlock. I must have an activator action set up (I was using shake to unlock) to unlock my phone. Lockinfo has the ability to remove the slider and camera shortcut but the slide to unlock functionality remains. That's what I use since I already rely heavily on lockinfo.

11. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

So true! Its like you predicted the future too because the OP said he'll give it another shot. Springtomize has so many features. It's truly remarkable. If you downloaded every single standalone tweak that springtomize offers, odds are you probably will run into compatibility and stability issues. Springtomize is a must have for people that love to tweak and customize their springboards.