Springtomize 2 on iPhone 4 front camera problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rdino001, Jun 27, 2012.

1. rdino001 macrumors newbie

So I installed springtomize 2 this morning, and since, i havent been able to use my front camera. It gets stuck in the shutter animation and then the bottom seems to just blink. I made sure to toggle the capabilities for the front camera on but no luck. Anybody find a way to resolve the issue?

2. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Since we know exactly what device and firmware you're on, we can certainly give you the exact solution you need! Thanks for the background info!

3. rdino001 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 for AT&T running 5.1.1

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Got it. I'm not aware of an issue like this, then. I'm on iOS 5 (5.1) and have no issues. I don't recall seeing other posts about Springtomize conflicts on 5.1.1 either...

What tweaks do you have enabled via Springtomize? Has it ever done this before?

If you can't fix it by disabling tweaks, try to uninstall, then reinstall Springtomize via Cydia.

5. rdino001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Old TV animation is on with sound.
    All capabilities are on except VoiceControl
    Dock< Use custom number and icons in dock 5
    Lockscreen< Display seconds is on, always show camera is on, custom label is on for slider.
    Icons< custom number is on, icons are resized to 75%, hiding newstand, compass, itunes, clock, nike+ipod, reminders, stock, and voice memos.
    App switcher< brightness slider is on.
    Status bar< custom carrier is on, AM/PM is hidden, Battery, data network, and signal strength are hidden.
    Notification center< custom background is blurred

And thats it. I have not tried to restore the phone yet and try again but i plan to if i cannot get it to work. Ive notice that when i open my camera and try to switch to the front, the bottom toggle for Photo-video is the only thing blinking.

6. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

That's definitely odd. Have you tried to uninstall via Cydia and reinstall yet? Restoring the phone may help as a last-ditch-effort, but my hunch is that there is something else going on besides a conflict w/ the firmware...

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

If you are on 5.1.1, why do you have the lockscreen setting for "camera always on"? Maybe that's having some sort of conflict? Either way it's an unnecessary setting since the camera grabber is always present on the lock screen on 5.1.1.

Or does that setting make it so that even when you double tap the home button to expose the music controls it will still show the camera grabber icon?

I only ask because our of the stuff you listed, it's the only thing that jumped out at me. I know, I'm grabbing at straws. Just trying to help. I have an AT&T 4S on 5.1.1 with springtomize and I don't have any problems whatsoever with my front facing camera. (I have no problems at all with the entire phone too.)

8. rdino001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Restored my phone. Turns out my camera won't work now either....
    once i start the camera app it just goes directly to the back cam and when i go to change it, it freaks out and stays on the shutter animation and the bottom toggle for video blinks a lot.

Worked fine before the jailbreak and springtomize...

9. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Did you re-jailbreak, or just restore? In any event (especially if you just restored) I would find a new download for the firmware, just in case. Or, maybe try the restore process on a different computer...

10. rdino001 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a factory restore. off a different computer and still no luck. Once again the back cam works, but when i go to switch it to the front came it stays on the shutter animation, doesnt open and this bottom right toggle blinks on and off from the screen. I provided a screenshot of how it stays.

Attached Files:

11. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Just to make sure it's not the obvious - you're not in record mode, are you?

12. rdino001 thread starter macrumors newbie

No i don't. it did gaf for a second and open the shutter but then the screen was full black. and no response from the app at all.

13. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

The only other thing I can think of is to download a new firmware and re-install. Try iClarified.com and pick the appropriate firmware from that list. Hopefully that will fix it...

14. rdino001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i did a factory install from a different computer downloading new firmware and this is the result. still no working front camera.

15. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

When you say "downloading new firmware", do you mean you just clicked restore in iTunes, or you actually downloaded firmware from another source like iClarified? Whichever one you tried, do the opposite of that. It is a long shot, but I can't think of anything else that would be making your phone do that.

The only other problem that I can think of would be a hardware issue with the front camera, which seems unlikely. If that were the case, I would think the app would load and display properly, but just not capture pictures.... Maybe someone with more experience with camera hardware issues can chime in...

16. rdino001 thread starter macrumors newbie

well what i did was go to a completely different computer without any itunes info and installed itunes and did a restore. it downloaded the firmware from the itunes server. I'm downloading an iClarified firmware now to see if it will work.

17. rdino001 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea just tried to restore it with firmware from iClarified and nothing. does the exact same thing.

18. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Did you "restore as new"? I would definitely try that if you restored from a backup.

19. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Agreed.

20. rdino001 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have restored as new. no luck.

21. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

That's a bummer. If you restored as new while trying a couple different pre-downloaded firmware files and also letting iTunes handle the downloading of the firmware, it's more and more likely it's a hardware issue.

Man I wish I could help you out more. I hate seeing people's iPhones break. Is it still under warranty? If I have any ideas I'll let you know ASAP. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

22. rdino001 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish it was under warranty. lol. I bought it used last weekend and it worked just fine. but then i did the jailbreak and tried using the cam yesterday morning, and it just would not work. I mean the back camera works just fine, but this front camera will not launch up. When i use an app like CamWOW it only shows a black screen for the front camera. But i will try getting it repaired. hope for the best.

23. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Good luck, man. Sorry we couldn't be of more help!