Springtomize causes safe mood loop

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lumberjackd, Mar 21, 2012.

1. lumberjackd macrumors newbie

Hi,
    After installing Springtomize 2 it sends my phone into a safe mood loop whenever I toggle enable in Springtomize 2 . I have an iPhone 4 running 5.0.1.

I have the following tweaks installed. ActionSlider, Activator, BiteSMS, Browser Changer, CyDelete, DreamBoard, FakeClockUp, Fast Copy, FolderEnhancer, Gridlock, iFile, Ipsum, LowPowerBanner, ManualCorrect, MultiIconMover, NoNewsIsGoodNews, noOTA badge, NowListening, Plugication, Respring Fast, SBSSettings, Shrink, TapDeWiggle, and 3G Unrestrictor.

Thanks

2. WhoAmI2 macrumors member

Delete the app that caused the problem. Do you really need guidance on that?

3. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

I've gotten used to it. It is MacRumors, afterall.

4. lumberjackd thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean obviously I deleted it...but I still want to use the app. So I wanted to figure out the problem.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Many others have the same issue with it.
    The developer needs to fix his hack.

6. lumberjackd thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright thats all I needed to know. On /r/jailbreak no one else had really had that problem. Thanks for actually helping me.

7. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Actually, most of us have no problems with Springtomize 2. But reportedly, if you enable anything in the Capabilities section, it will crash to safe mode. Perhaps that is what is happening.

8. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I also use and beta Springtomize 2 with no issues. Springtomize 2 by itself is not causing your safe mode problem. You have a conflict with one of your other apps listed and one of the settings you have selected in Springtomize 2.

My suggestion is to install Springtomize 2 and have it set the way you like then start installing your other apps one at a time, respring and see which one causes the safe mode issues.

I can help you reduce your list because I use some of the apps you listed. The following work with Springtomize 2:
    Activator, Gridlock, iFile, SBSSettings,

Not needed...Shrink because you can resize your icons with Springtomize. I also think your folderenhancer app may be one of your conflicts.

Hope this helps...Good Luck

9. tateu macrumors 6502

I have Springtomize 2 with Activator, BiteSMS, CyDelete, iFile, Ipsum and SBSSettings. No Issues here. I wonder if, as SFC Archer said, Springtomize 2 conflicts with FolderEnhancer and/or some of the other tweaks that have an overlap in functionality?

You don't need Shrink or NoNewsIsGoodNews. Springtomize can handle those two things and I think that some of the features in FolderEnhancer overlap.

I do not have anything enabled in the Capabilities section.

10. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

i ran into a crash loop last week or so. removed everything one by one until i no longer got the problem.

last package i removed was ifile, and i haven't had a problem since.

11. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

iFile does not conflict with SPringtomize, I have been using the two together for a while now.

However, as suggested above conflicts may arise with other tweaks, in particular if their functionality overlap.

12. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

+1

13. Chiny macrumors 6502

It's LowPowerBanner a new update came out along with Springtomize2 and the update is what is causing it toggle off LowPowerBanner and toggle it back on that will stop it.

14. Nekcik macrumors member

Nekcik

Yup what Chiny said above. And if for some reason that doesn't work feel free to check on the FAQ for springtomize 2 and somewhere on the FAQ is an explanation of a way to delete the files that backups your settings Its like Var/Mobile/Themes etc and using ifile to get there or some other 3rd party app to get into your phone you can delete those 2 files and it may help. That's what I did when I had the safe mode loop. I also deleted lowpowerbanner and re-installed it. Hope that helps!