Sprint / 4s / Riverside, CA data speeds?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christopherjac, Oct 27, 2011.

1. christopherjac
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Any Inland Empire users on Sprint / 4s?

Spend an awful lot of time on the 60, 15, 215 freeways in Riverside, Ontario, Fontana, etc. I see a lot of data speed complaints, but my existing phone works fine on sprint for Facebook, email, pandora, etc.

Don't care about downloading stuff or streaming video, but I would like to use iphone 4s maps/nav in the car, stream Pandora, etc. Acceptable?

any comments from users in this geographic area?

2. bjb.butler
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

*UCR student*

The last two weeks in September were absolutely dreadful, but I haven't had any problems in a long time. My data speeds are fine. I haven't used any speed tests, because I think they are unnecessary and pointless.
    What am I judging the speeds by? I can watch youtube without buffering, I can stream pandora without stuttering/lag, and web pages load almost as fast as when I'm on wifi.

3. christopherjac
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Sprint has great voice coverage at home and work, so I'd like to stick with them if the data is tolerable.

4. bls8195
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

People talk about Sprint and their data speeds, look at how AT&T was when they first got the iPhone horrible, I mean down right horrible, I had ATT ever since first iPhone came out and just switched 2 weeks ago to the iPhone with Verizon and love the network a lot better.

5. macingman
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

macingman

Because when AT&T first got the iPhone they only had the original which was 2G. Slow data speeds on 3G are inexcusable in my opinion.

6. Bigchris
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Spend most of my day at work near downtown Riverside and commute on the 215/60/15 a lot. I don't have any problem streaming radio, movies, YouTube or even connecting my laptop via hotspot.