Carrier Sprint $50 Iphone plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eclipse01, Sep 26, 2014.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Is this only if you buy your phone outright? (finance your phone)

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The iPhone for Life plan is actually a lease. Technically you are paying $70 a month. $50 for the service plus a $20 a month lease payment.

At the end of the lease you can either return the phone or pay $200 if you want to keep it. If you decide you want to just buy the phone I believe there is a fee involved, plus all the lease payments that you have remaining to pay. Also, I believe you can switch to Easy Pay from the iPhone for Life plan but doing that accrues something like a $35 additional monthly payment.

I've heard that Easy Pay will also apply. Easy Pay allows you to put a certain required amount down and then you make monthly payments. You can pay the rest of the phone off however you like whenever you like. Easy Pay lets you get a new phone each year as long as you pay the phone off. The iPhone for Life plan is two years.

Last but not least, if you do take the iPhone for Life plan, understand that if you ever switch to a non-Apple phone you are going to lose the $50 service and it will go up to it's regular $60 cost. The deal is only for the iPhone and not any other phone.

P.S. Oh! Remember that since the iPhone for Life plan is a lease, you don't own the phone. Get insurance because if you break it, you bought it and Sprint will want all it's money.

3. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Hey, thanks for explaining that!

4. michikade macrumors regular

michikade

Sprint $50 Iphone plan

I can confirm that you still get the Simply Unlimited plan for $50 through Easy Pay if you get an iPhone 6 or 6+ (regularly $60/month for any other phone)

As such, if you choose to pay a little more each month with Easy Pay rather than having a lease payoff at the end and want to keep your phone, you CAN get a phone at Best Buy probably sooner than at Sprint because Best Buy will set up an Easy Pay plan for you. I did it yesterday.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No problem. It's all in the fine print that Sprint doesn't bother to mention in the advertising, LOL! :D

6. michikade macrumors regular

michikade

Also: you can get easy pay for $0 down BUT you have to pay the taxes up front. Mine was $78 and some change for a 128gb 6+ - state and local taxes may be different.