Sprint and Applecare+ order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Unibody8764, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Unibody8764 macrumors newbie

I preordered and received my phone via Sprint on Friday, but I also purchased Applecare+ with it as well which did not come with the box I received. (although I don't know if apple still sells boxed applecare?) Regardless, it prompted me to look up my serial number on the applecare website and lo and behold it doesn't show the extended coverage. So I called Sprint.

Sprint assures me that I have applecare. Iv talked to about 7 CSR's all of whom eventually say the same statement: "your phone is covered through 2012 so yes you do have a warranty." Regardless of what I say next, they insist that they are right. One CSR even went as far as to ask if I wanted to cancel my service with Sprint.

This is ridiculous. Does anyone else have this issue? Or has anyone who purchased AppleCare+ with Sprint or another carrier looked up their coverage to ensure they have 2 years of support? I have no idea what to do.

2. Bigchris macrumors member

I bought Applecare+ when I bought mine at Sprint, and I didn't receive a box for it or anything else, its attached to the Phone #. I checking online on my Sprint Account and its showing up there.

3. tourada macrumors regular

The package slip in my box listed applecare as 'backordered'. I read somewhere else (link anyone) that calling up apple and/or sprint could fix it. Now you said you called Sprint. Call Apple about your supposed coverage. Applecare + doesn't matter at all to Sprint....it is apple you want to be worried about. Check to see if you are covered and have been billed yet. That is my project tomorrow too.

4. fjones1 macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I'm having the same concerns. I did NOT order AppleCare+ when I pre-ordered my iPhone 4S. I called Sprint the next day (the 15th) to see if I could cancel my order b/c I was told by an in-store rep that AppleCare+ had to be ordered with the iPhone. When I called them they told me to call when I received the phone before activation.

After countless holds and re-routing I talked to someone and they added AppleCare+ for me. It shows up on my Sprint account that I have AppleCare+ but when I check my serial number on Apple's website, AppleCare+ is nowhere to be found. I even called Apple and they told me that it's not showing up on their system.

This extremely frustrating, but I know that if I just let it go I could be walking around ignorantly with an uncovered phone. Sprint told me I would be charged on my account but it has yet to show up. I'm going to have to call them all over again to get this all sorted out. They're not on the same page with Apple. I didn't even get a confirmation email when I ordered my phone, smh.

5. Bigchris, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

Bigchris macrumors member