Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
i just wanted to let people know that since i got my iPhone 6s+ in September , Verizon and sprint kept telling me that my device was not compatible. the last i heard from sprint was on October 26h and they told me that my iPhone was not a sprint device.

the iPhone i have is the T-mobile unlocked iPhone 6s+ (a1687) that works on Tmobile , Verizon and sprint.

im not saying if this policy actuality stopped you from activating a new line of service

but i just wanted to say that sometime in the last week Verizon and sprint now whitelisted my MEID and nothing is stopping me from switching if i wanted to. they both pretty much told me its a compatible device the same week.

for about 69 days those two carriers were trying to tell me i could not activate this iPhone because it did not belong to them, and now i guess everything is okay.

i guess there was a 60 day waiting period after apple released these phones and verizon and sprint okayed them.

vonWachtstain

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2011
i just wanted to let people know that since i got my iPhone 6s+ in September , Verizon and sprint kept telling me that my device was not compatible. the last i heard from sprint was on October 26h and they told me that my iPhone was not a sprint device.

the iPhone i have is the T-mobile unlocked iPhone 6s+ (a1687) that works on Tmobile , Verizon and sprint.

im not saying if this policy actuality stopped you from activating a new line of service

but i just wanted to say that sometime in the last week Verizon and sprint now whitelisted my MEID and nothing is stopping me from switching if i wanted to. they both pretty much told me its a compatible device the same week.

for about 69 days those two carriers were trying to tell me i could not activate this iPhone because it did not belong to them, and now i guess everything is okay.

i guess there was a 60 day waiting period after apple released these phones and verizon and sprint okayed them.

I have Verizon iPhone 5S i would like to give to my friend who is using Sprint. Are you saying iPhones were automatically white listed ? or am i reading this wrong?

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
I have Verizon iPhone 5S i would like to give to my friend who is using Sprint. Are you saying iPhones were automatically white listed ? or am i reading this wrong?

the iPhones seemed to have been automatically whitelisted. please have them check your meid to make sure, you have to do this in store. or call them., the 5s needs to be the cdma / gsm one.

verizon automatically white listed iPhone 6 and 6+ phones in the last week of august 2015

this is sprint's eligible phone list that they posted recently

iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s (Verizon only), iPhone 5c (Verizon only), Motorola X Pure Edition (16, 32 & 64 GB – all colors), Nexus 6 (32 & 64 GB – black and white), Nexus 5 (16 & 32 GB – black, white and red), Nexus 5X (all versions), Nexus 6P (all versions), HTC One A9 (Sprint version only), iPad Air 2, iPad Air (Verizon only), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 (Verizon only) and iPad Pro. Some devices may be eligible, but could have network band limitations that would result in a subpar experience. Some devices that may not be eligible. Devices must be unlocked domestically by your current carrier before switching. We will not accept lost/stolen devices. Features and network experience may vary based on original device carrier. Restrictions apply.

dsquarius90

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2013

I can confirm that this works. Bought a T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus on launch day from Apple online (T-Mobile variant). Just ported to Verizon prepaid yesterday. Everything is working great!

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
sometime in the last week Verizon and sprint now whitelisted my MEID and nothing is stopping me from switching if i wanted to. they both pretty much told me its a compatible device the same week.
My Sprint iPhone 6s is showing up as non-Verizon device on Verizon. So not all of the IMEIs have been whitelisted by Verizon. Did you get someone to file a form for you to whitelist the device?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.