Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macuser1232

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2012
Yeah THROUGH 2015. Anyway, it's funny because I just left Sprint for Verizon. While I am in need of a data upgrade, there's a reason I left Sprint. Their coverage.

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
I've heard of companies with up to 22%. You have to work for one of the big ones, like IBM.

You can use this link to see if your current company has a discount:

https://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/premier/

Look on the right side, and enter your work email address. However, I don't know if it will tell you the discount. I just tried it, and haven't received an email. It might be because I've already enrolled.

Ask around among the people you work with. One of them should know the discount, or at least be able to login to their AT&T account and determine the discount -- it's on the upper left side of the webpage after logging in.

But, even with your 15% discount, I can tell you about what your bill will be:

$100/month for 10GB will be reduced to $85/month.
$15/month for 2 smartphones (no contract) will be $35/month.

So, your base cost would be $120/month. Add about $10/month for taxes and fees (about what I'm paying), and it's $130/month.

Once the discount was added to my account (using the above link), I haven't been asked to verify that I still worked for them, and I've been through several contract renewals.

Thank you! Still pretty good when alls said and done. Black Magic's list below unfortunately doesn't list my company :/

AT&T Discounts:

Company Discount
7 Eleven 15%
AARP Employees 20%
Abbot Labs 10%

Black Magic, how did you conjure up this list?

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Thank you! Still pretty good when alls said and done. Black Magic's list below unfortunately doesn't list my company :/

Black Magic, how did you conjure up this list?

Like I stated earlier, I found it in the nether regions of the internet. There is a list out there for each carrier as they all provide discounts. How current the list is depends on when it was captured.

tennisproha

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2011
Texas
Whilst this is cheap compared to usa, uk is much much smaller to a lot fewer masts to maintain. So you can't compare prices really.

I do agree its difficult to compare b/c of square footage to cover but at the same time i wouldn't mind the prices so much the the quality of the connection matched the price. I get hspa+ and my speeds are generally about 2 MB.

WARRZONE

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
I have been with AT&T for over 10 years, and this would tempt me into switching if Sprint offered this to their current customers as well (minus the early termination fees, of course). This is a good deal for short term, or if you phone hop from carrier to carrier at the end of your contract. For me, it is really just between AT&T and Verizon for their networks, and AT&T is cheaper. I had Sprint before AT&T, and the coverage was awful. I'm sure it has improved some, but let's set that aside. I hate intro pricing schemes. It makes me think what will happen to me in 2015? Will I be left out in the cold, similar to my internet and cable bill? I wish they would split the difference and just offer a low price that is easy to follow for everyone. Something good will come of this though. I'm sure this will lower data prices across the board. The carriers are reactionary like that.

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
I need unlimited data and especially unlimited not throttled 4G. I've been looking at tmobile for when the iPhone 6 comes our but not sure if it's any better then sprint. Anyobe care to comment?

LordJohnWhorfin

macrumors regular
May 28, 2002
I need unlimited data and especially unlimited not throttled 4G. I've been looking at tmobile for when the iPhone 6 comes our but not sure if it's any better then sprint. Anyobe care to comment?

I can only comment about the SF Bay Area, where in terms of coverage and speeds, on a scale of 1 to 10 Verizon would be a 9, AT&T a 7, T-Mobile a 6 and Sprint a 1 (they have no LTE coverage at all).

----------

AT&T Discounts:
[...]
Walmart 15%
[...]

I don't think your numbers are accurate. My friend who works at Walmart Labs is getting an 80% discount.

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
My friend has another phone Cartier that runs on sprint. I'm in southern NJ and when he was here he told me sprint had no 4g but using a program he had, tmobile had no 4g either. I wish I could try tmobile to see before I sign another sprint contract and get 2 iPhone 6's

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
I can only comment about the SF Bay Area, where in terms of coverage and speeds, on a scale of 1 to 10 Verizon would be a 9, AT&T a 7, T-Mobile a 6 and Sprint a 1 (they have no LTE coverage at all).

----------

I don't think your numbers are accurate. My friend who works at Walmart Labs is getting an 80% discount.

No way. Either he is lying or there is a lot more to the story you are leaving out. At 80%, they would just give it away free.

LordJohnWhorfin

macrumors regular
May 28, 2002
No way. Either he is lying or there is a lot more to the story you are leaving out. At 80%, they would just give it away free.

He's paying $25/month for unlimited talk and text and 10GB. That's Walmart Labs, though, maybe different from the rest of the company. He had T-Mobile and ditched it when he found out about this promotion.

LordJohnWhorfin

macrumors regular
May 28, 2002
My friend has another phone Cartier that runs on sprint. I'm in southern NJ and when he was here he told me sprint had no 4g but using a program he had, tmobile had no 4g either. I wish I could try tmobile to see before I sign another sprint contract and get 2 iPhone 6's

One big difference is the fallback mode when you're in areas where there is no LTE coverage: all Sprint has to offer is the pokey EVDO network, whereas T-Mobile has 3G and 3G+.

Jwowbman

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2014
iphone 6 on SPRINT

That's the problem (and I must admit this as a Sprint customer), leaving my state service is VERY spotty. It annoys the crap out of me, but you can't beat the price. I pay $65 a month for unlimited everything.

I have Verizon currently with iPhone 5 and will be moving to San Diego, CA where there won't be a problem for service with any carrier so I am greatly interested in their new $60/month for UNLIMITED even if I do pay $30-$40/month for my phone through their easy pay....its still much cheaper than what I have through Verizon. Nothing bad about Verizon at all! I love the service I have had through Verizon on my iPhone 5 but its a little costly. One thing I will miss is the fact that Verizon holds the NFL MOBILE rights and with a mere few bucks a month extra you can stream all NFL GAMES from your mobile device. Anyone else going to get iPhone 6 with SPRINT? Now if I could just figure out what size I would prefer. I think I will just have to wait until September 9th to see how they look "in person" on TV.

-Justin

----------

I was in your same shoes man! I want the data and don't want to have T-Mobile throttle me back after so many GBs. I love what they have done recently to stay competitive but I and going after Sprint....they may not be the top Service out there but they are competing lately with great prices and data plans. I am looking forward to pre-order for the iPhone 6 with Sprint real soon.

-Justin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.