Sprint Changed their data plans today!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scelzifan, Jan 19, 2011.

1. scelzifan macrumors 6502

I just read that sprint upped their unlimited data from $30 to $40 a month. So if anyone thinks that Verizon will have unlimited for $30 when the IPhone is released is crazy, they will either do the same or cap it like at&t did. Either way it sucks, they just keep getting more greedy every day.

2. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

data plans are their new golden goose. Expect unlimited voice/txt for cheap and $40+ for data as standard new plans.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You can thank obama and his FCC. They have opened the door for the carriers to charge more for those who use bandwidth.

Expect the carriers to take advantage of it:mad:

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Hmmm, pay more for my cell data or get dragged into two wars that have killed thousands of Americans and foreign innocents. Tough call of which I'd go with.

5. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

i blame my dropped AT&T calls on Obama as well

6. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Lets make this a "Bash Obama" thread because my cell phone bill is high.......people always have something to complain about.......:confused:

7. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Lets keep the thread of topic.

If I pay $40 for unlimited data you better believe unlimited will mean just that.

8. scelzifan thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't make this post to bash Obama, this isn't about politics. I mean I know what he allowed these carriers to do but that is out of our control. I just think that it's funny that Verizon said repeatedly in their conference about how ready they were. I mean they said were ready were ready were ready about 6 times and now all of a sudden they changed their mind!! To be fair, they haven't came out with any prices yet but I think its pretty fair to assume that their will be no 30 dollar unlimited plan anymore. Obviously they weren't as ready as they thought or maybe this is why they were ready. Cut everyone's usage down to put less strain on their network. Just seems they shot their mouths off and now they can't really back up the talk.

9. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

Wow, imagine that, paying for what you use....

10. scelzifan thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly, Netflix will be my friend ALL day for that kind of money. I will make sure to use as much as possible, even when wifi is available. Two can play that game.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's unAmerican since we have an abnormal sense of entitlement.

12. carreragt7 macrumors regular

I remember the good ol' days (a couple years ago, lol) when I had a SERO plan from Sprint that was unlimited everything for $50/mo. Had to change to an $80/mo plan to get a newer phone because they were losing money on my account.

Right now I am pretty satisfied with my unlimited everything plan from T-Mobile for $79.99/mo and no contract. I've been waiting to hear what Verizon's prices look like for the iPhone, but with the way things are going I think I'm going to stick with my current setup until the next gen iPhone comes out. It'd be awesome if it was unlocked for T-Mobile so I could get more consistent data.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So is sprint still bleeding customers like it was a few months back?

14. carreragt7 macrumors regular

I think so. I personally would've stuck with them for a long time if they would've been willing to work with me on getting a new phone and keeping my plan cost low. They have been changing their customer service for the worst in my opinion, they used to be much more willing to help keep me a happy customer, but the last few months of being with them they were quite rude in the way they handled everything.

15. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

16. scelzifan thread starter macrumors 6502

Well they were charging everyone for 4G even if you didn't have it in your area but now everyone has the extra 10 charge for unlimited everything. Their plans crush everyone else's. Unlimited talk, data and text for 69.99. I wish someone had one that was close to that. And no t-mobile doesn't count.

17. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Yes! Stream netflix even when you are sleeping, and at work, taking a shower. etc. All day and night! 100GB usage here we come!

18. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

I have T-mobile and I am pretty happy with the coverage. Why don't they count?