Sprint.com no mention of iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darnovo, Oct 5, 2011.

1. darnovo macrumors regular

seems kinda weird, that the company who has been longing for the iPhone for forever now doesn't even have the announcement on their homepage...

http://www.sprint.com

2. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

I agree. I have been looking for rates since my dad has Sprint and would like to keep it.

3. salbiani macrumors member

I completely agree.
    They pony up $20 billion (for what exactly I still dont know) and cant kick in a little to have thier web page updated say something like "iPhone coming soon!"
    Very odd... Its not like the cat's not out of the bag.

Sprint, give us some info!!
    Are the plans going to cost the same?
    Do we get to keep unlimited data?
    Are you going to charge us an "iPhone useage" fee?
    Can we add it to our SERO plans?
    What gives?

4. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

I am shocked too! I combed their website and found no mention of the iPhone. It's kinda of silly as others have pointed out. Did they cut a deal last minute with Apple in order to land the iPhone? I will check their website for plan rates, as this is very important. I am not blindly ordering a phone without knowing the prices and specifications of their plans.

5. nickpro macrumors regular

this combined with Apple's quick mention (almost like an afterthought) of Sprint now carrying the iPhone made my scratch my head.

6. icewing macrumors 6502

SOP (Standard Operating Proceedure)

It's because they can't sell the iphone immediately. If they updated their site with "if you wait you can get an iPhone", it might prevent people who aren't aware of what's going on from ordering new service today.

The providers don't care about us, remember? They only want our money. Providing service is something they "have" to do in order to get us to pay them. Not being negative, just being realistic. "It's just good business." :D

7. bbapps macrumors regular

That's because, Sprints IPhone, the IPhone 5, hasn't been announced yet. That would get some ATT/Verizon users in a tizzy :eek:

8. bsbuggs macrumors regular

You know I have to agree here....I mean both Att and Verizon both have the 4S prominently displayed on their website...
    Somethings up here, why dosent sprint go nuts with the marketing ASAP. I mean the yhave been wanting the iphone forever and now that there getting it NO MENTION of their own site...fishy..

Man if Sprint bought the iphone 5 exceusively NOW that would be genuis!!

9. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Sprint customers don't like to see something before its available. If its there it should be ready to buy. Sprint people are an odd breed...

They like to shop for things like they shop at Home Depot. Get in, get what you need objectively, get out.

10. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

11. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Huh??? :confused:

Why exactly do sprint customers get that label? Makes no sense.

12. too758 macrumors newbie

I thought the exact same thing!!!! It would be genius for sprint to announce network upgrades that include better wimax penetration as well as their plans for their LTE network then bring Tim Cook come on stage and give us the iphone 5. That's the only way i can see Sprint justifying a 20$B purchase of a single device. I'm not gonna get my hopes up for that but i can wish for it. Lol.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

14. echo2011 macrumors regular

This :D

15. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Sprint customer care chat did seem pretty confident that you'll be able to preorder the iPhone on their website on Friday. Apple's chat rep was rather vague about when the Sprint iPhone 5 would be available.

I give it a 0% chance there's an iPhone 5 coming for Sprint, but I'm wondering if all this money the papers have been reporting Sprint committing to Apple is about a special deal for them to offer a cheaper iPhone. That is to say the same device but with Sprint subsiding more of it; say free iPhone 4's and $99 4S's? That could explain the complete lack of information about ordering a Sprint model...

Or they are just timing it out to make a big splash after their big Network Vision event. I'm hoping they announce a fast time table for flipping over most of their 800mhz iDEN service to CDMA 3G, which the 4S can use (not sure about the 4). It wouldn't increase max speeds at all (in fact 800mhz may be a tad slower) but it would improve coverage and building penetration, meaning better signal in fringe areas and indoors, which would increase real world performance.

----------

Hahah! That changed literally while I typed my last post. :p