Sprint customer service giving weird advice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lammercy, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Lammercy macrumors regular

Lammercy

Oaky so I'm looking at getting the new iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black and i visited my sprint store today to start an order for it (I'm fully aware that its backed up a few months, which is why I wanted to put the order in now). Well the Sprint customer service rep suggested that I not order the device and just check with the store on a daily basis almost to see if they have received a shipment of that device and model. This seems odd to me because if they're getting shipments in then wouldn't those need to be sent to the people who have it preordered instead of being handed out to walk in customers?
    Should I just order it or could it make sense to go in and check with the store everyday or so to see if the phone has been delivered and I can just pick it up that same day?

2. csmith1289 macrumors member

csmith1289

I would definitely order it just in case, but keep checking the store. If the store has one in stock before your phone ships, they can cancel the order & you can get the phone in store.

3. Applefan4515 Suspended

Applefan4515

Not odd. I reserved a 32gb matte black plus two days after release day from an Apple Store. Didn't pre order

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Sprint doesn't fill online orders with stock meant for it's stores. It fills them with the stock it receives in it's warehouses (or whever this stock goes).

So, stock given to stores is intended to be sold to whatever foot traffic comes in the door wanting it.

Which is why the rep was suggesting you check every day. The possibility that your local store gets the device you want exists and would allow you to get it before your online order.

Not odd.